Azealia Banks - 2021 New Music + General Discussion | Page 534 | The Popjustice Forum

Azealia Banks - 2021 New Music + General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Rooty, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Okay but we need these songs to leave her MacBook and reach us.

2. Icy Pisces.. I don't know a better song..

cute face
    slim waist
    flat tummy
    this body a-make-a body spend munni

[​IMG]

iRyan, Dijah., BEST FICTION and 7 others like this.
  3. I'm not a huge fan of Fuck Him All Night unfortunately, but Tarantula...wow. I honestly didn't know I needed Azealia going Bathhaus Bauhaus in my life until this moment.

ohaimanabu and RHOPJ like this.
  4. I’m glad to see there’s still a thread to discuss Miss Banks. Rewatching her Hot 97 interview earlier and hearing the passion in why she makes music was really inspiring.

I continuously come back to BWET and the 1991 EP because they were so FRESH. The last slew of singles (I would say since Anna Wintour) lacked that special magic her earlier work possessed. I truly want nothing but success for her, so to see the sold out shows and new material has me a bit excited.

5. Fuck Him All Night is fantastic. It’s on repeat.

ohaimanabu, GCZ and bazayer like this.
  6. Yes she promotes the vaccine... with the caveat that she thinks COVID-19 is "a bioweapon cooked up in a lab" dd but anyway... I was happy to see her commit to her tour recently, she's been making some positive moves so I hope it leads to a new full length project soon.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  7. Tuning out any social media messiness because her music and aesthetics have been SO good lately. I still want her to win..

Andrew.L likes this.

8. The way she goes viral on Twitter every week for something new.. truly the summer of Azealia. Even if this is shade nn.

9. I'm so glad someone else said it. I think it's weird rap masterpiece. Also, I'm so glad she's performing and making music again. Her looks have been brilliant too. Fingers crossed everything goes well for Azealia this time.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Tracy Jacks, 3Xs and Cordyceps like this.
  10. She killed these two gigs especially. Selling out all 4 of her NYC shows was a good sign things aren't completely dead either.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. A London/Manchester show is an essential for 2022

12. I’m so annoyed that the air wasn’t working at Webster Hall her opening night of that 4 show stint there last month, because what she gave was pretty phenomenal, even though she didn’t start until 12:45am and gave us a 40 minute show dddd. Still, she openly mentioned being nervous as it was her first gig back since pre-COVID and she honestly killed it. Happy she seems to be flourishing at the moment.

VertigoStick and Runawaywithme like this.
  13. Ah, nice to have a thread for her where music can be discussed. Anything else is rather tense, unfortunately. That Tarantula demo is very up my alley. Her musical influences and style in which she draws on them for her own always manage to surprise and entertain me.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  14. Once again, she teases me with “Icy Pisces.” I neeeeeeed it.

I’m lowkey glad she has a thread again, because I’ve been hammering “Fuck Him All Night.” I’ve also been revisiting Fantasea and 1991. What classics. She really impacted how pop and rap intersect for me.

Island, Dijah., R92 and 15 others like this.
  15. Yeah, I've been [redacted] him all night
    I've been taking raw [redacted] since 11
    It's 4:05 in the morn', in the dawn he still freaking me out
    Got me lock-jawed, [redacted] deep in my mouth
    He mesmerized by my eyes and my feminine thighs
    If he decide he wanna [redacted] then I'm ready to [redacted]
    Put a surprise in his bundle, lil' kundle inside
    He getting high on this [redacted] now he sweating it out
    'Cause we can [redacted], we can [redacted], we can [redacted]
    And we can [redacted] to the [redacted] if you ready to [redacted]
    I got some [redacted], a little waist and a strut
    So seductive and plush, feel the [redacted] deluxe
    He got a crush on me, now I got him spending his bucks
    He wanna touch on my body while his [redacted] in my [redacted]

Sis was in her Lil' Kim Hard Core bag!

[​IMG]

16. She needs to come North of the border next time she's on this cursed island. I need to experience her live with a Glasgow crowd.

17. Screaming at this from page 1

18. I got to see her live at webster hall and WOW what an electrifying show it was. Ending with that yung rupunxel pt 2 moment was insane I swear her power caused that hurricane we all walked out into. I feel like good things are coming hope she stays on this trajectory.

iRyan, TRAVVV, Runawaywithme and 3 others like this.
  19. I like the sound of that demo and all of the clips from the NY shows, so I'm very much looking forward to more from her. Can we get a release date, though?

aux likes this.
  20. Oh my god, that whole page is hilarious in retrospect. People comparing her to Rye Rye, who I barely even remember now, and only remember at all because she sampled Robyn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.