Azealia Banks - "New Bottega" + General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

Your description is doing Ms. Banks a disservice. Azealia Banks is an X-rated version of Rye Rye in my opinion.

L8er has been my jam for over a year. If It ain't about a dolla, let me holla at you l8er.

Unpopular opinion, adore her cover of Slow Hands.
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

She is in NO WAY, shape, or form "Nicki Minaj-esque". She's closer to the more 'indie' rapper types like Rye Rye or Dominique Young Unique.

Loving 212 though. Yet another promising young female emcee. And I remember hearing 'L8R' last year (I think Robinho was the one to show me) but totally forgot about her until 212 popped up on my radar.
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

She is not Nicki-esque!

Is she english or american? She is amazing whatever she is, the c-word needs more exposure
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

I listened to this the other day at the recommendation of Lily Allen. I like her.
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

ladygagaogaga said:
She is not Nicki-esque!

Is she english or american? She is amazing whatever she is, the c-word needs more exposure

She's American and the C word does not need more exposure.

I've had the DJs at working pestering me for this track since i posted it on facebook.
I do like the Lazy Jay - Float My Boat original as well.
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

Matt said:
ladygagaogaga said:
She is not Nicki-esque!

Is she english or american? She is amazing whatever she is, the c-word needs more exposure

She's American and the C word does not need more exposure.

I've had the DJs at working pestering me for this track since i posted it on facebook.
I do like the Lazy Jay - Float My Boat original as well.

"Bad language" is the biggest load of hooplah ever, people can say whatever they want. Which is why I just said hooplah.

I really love this song a lot, but I want to know more about her. And get proper lyrics.
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

Pitchfork has jumped on this.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/12612-212/

She has taken forever. I remember listening to her demos on MySpace in 2007 and being horrified that Neon Gold had gotten her signed to XL in 2009. Is she still with them? Is she still going by "Miss Banks"? Or did that all fall through…?
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

ladygagaogaga said:
Matt said:
ladygagaogaga said:
She is not Nicki-esque!

Is she english or american? She is amazing whatever she is, the c-word needs more exposure

She's American and the C word does not need more exposure.

I've had the DJs at working pestering me for this track since i posted it on facebook.
I do like the Lazy Jay - Float My Boat original as well.

"Bad language" is the biggest load of hooplah ever, people can say whatever they want. Which is why I just said hooplah.

I really love this song a lot, but I want to know more about her. And get proper lyrics.

If you have a look on her facebook, she posted the lyrics in one of her posts i think.
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

I have come around on "212." It's actually really great, isn't it?
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

It's probably best not to know.

Anyway, she's fucking brilliant. She looks like such a star in the 212 video.
 
V

vasilios

Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

My 'jam' right now.
I am sad, I have the lyrics on my mp3 and try and learn them.

I GUESS THAT KUNTGETINEATN.
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

212 is fucking amazing.

Seriously where has she been all my life?!
 
Re: Azealia Banks (Nicki Minaj-esque lady rapper)

I was expecting her to be big in 2009! She was really it in summer 2007 in New York- everyone was listening to the Ladytron cover. XL even signed her. I wonder why it's taken her as long as it has.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top