Back In Your Head: The Tegan & Sara Discography Rate | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Back In Your Head: The Tegan & Sara Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Sep 19, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I can certainly add it, I honestly just forgot because it was super late when I posted the tracklist.

Sprockrooster likes this.
  2. Out of curiosity: is it a song the fans are happy with (cause it might be some sort of sell out to my eyes, but like I said I do not know them well). If the fans are not happy with it, it is always good to add it. Every rate needs an easy bottom to spit on uniformly.

3. I'm so excited to finally explore T&S beyond Heartthrob and Love You To Death.

R92 and ohnostalgia like this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

That's probably going to be Everything is Awesome!!!! sadly.

I added the song officially. Longtime fans if I've forgotten something else let me know. I'm also going to go in and add links to music videos etc. I just wanted to get the rate up on time.

PS. TODAY is their 36th birthday, how awesome is that coincidence?

johnny_tsunami and Sprockrooster like this.
  5. Let me take a deep breath to prepare myself for pre-So Jealous T&S relistening but I am SO EXCITED because I adore every album after that.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  6. Right okay I wasn't 100% sure about this 'cause my knowledge of pre-Heartthrob Tegan & Sara is... somewhat lacking... but I CANNOT stand idly by and leave the masterpiece that is The Lego Movie to such a fate.

Really though, I like what I've heard from their earlier albums so I'm excited to have a good reason to delve a little deeper! It's just such a daunting task I've never found the time before.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Wouldn't it be funny if this is how I hook people into the rate and then it wins?

[​IMG]

R92 and Animalia like this.
  8. Preemptively bracing myself for everything that isn't Heartthrob getting mercilessly shat on.

That being said I wouldn't be too upset if Now I'm All Messed Up ended up winning the whole thing

Ferk and ohnostalgia like this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I tried to scare those people away. We shall see I suppose.

LE0Night likes this.
  10. Thanks for adding Every Chance @ohnostalgia . I think it's as important as things like Feel It In My Bones.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  11. woo this is going to be really hard.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  12. I'll give this one a try if it's not too late

ohnostalgia likes this.
  13. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I'm excited.

Animalia and ohnostalgia like this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

You have until the end of October, so I think you should be fine.
    I was wondering where you were!

constantino likes this.
  15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

So I'm thinking of doing little intro posts to all the albums, like I've seen in some of the other rates. Would that be something anybody would read?

16. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

YES queen! Maybe by reading about the pre-Heartthrob albums, it'll push me to dive into their earlier catalogue.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Okay, I will. If you're curious and are looking for a gateway in, I always suggest listening to some of the songs from their live album Get Along. You can get a sense of the songwriting underneath without worrying about the vibe. Here are some of my personal faves.

Slice of Life likes this.
  18. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

Thanks for these! I'll check these out before going into the albums for sure.

Honestly, I tried to check their earlier albums after falling in love with Heartthrob but I really had a hard time because I couldn't stop comparing them to Heartthrob and all its unashamedly pop glory. I'll try harder this time because I really wanna do this rate.

ohnostalgia likes this.
  19. I am a huge fan, so I will participate.
    Count me in.

Also, I don't think the earlier albums will get shat on with people like me boostin them scores! (I started with them at so jealous)

ohnostalgia likes this.
  20. Honestly kill me now before I have to choose an 11.....

Its easier when an artist or group have a more consistent sound, but T&S have changed quite a bit over the years, it almost feels like I should be allowed 2 11's!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.