Back In Your Head: The Tegan & Sara Discography Rate | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Back In Your Head: The Tegan & Sara Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Sep 19, 2016.

1. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I would like to report that I am now listening to my If It Was You vinyl.

aux, Remorque, Jwentz and 6 others like this.
  2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

@Jwentz I added that Bruce song to my Apple Music N N N. The rate that keeps on giving.

Jwentz likes this.
  3. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

I remain not having many losses.

Or any.

4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Is this how @send photo monroe felt felt felt?

Posh Spears likes this.
  5. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

sara: sometimes i think that my job is hard and then i just see someone doing that job and i think like "oh my god, thank god i don't do this because i would be so fucked otherwise."

tegan: you had a job.

sara: i did have jobs. i had a few jobs. one of them-

tegan: sara worked before she joined my band.

sara: that's true. i did have a job at-

tegan: tell them what you did!

sara: what's that?

tegan: tell them what you did.

sara: yeah i'm gonna tell them.

tegan: okay okay yeah.

sara: do you notice how i never interject when you're telling your story?

tegan: *laughs* yeah

sara: i just let you get- sometimes i have no... we're adrift for a long time and i just think "just swim back to shore."

tegan: that's how i feel all the time.

sara: me?

tegan: yeah.

sara: i don't even say anything!

tegan: when you do though i'm like "reign it in donald!"

sara: i'll tell you something. the only reason why this band works is because tegan will- i'll start to tell a story and it will take a little while to get there and tegan will see like one person stop paying attention and she will get filled- there is a just a tsunami of anxiety that builds inside of her and she is so afraid of the, the person could be a serial killer and she still is like "i can't believe that you lost the attention of this serial killer." i mean like-

tegan: well actually... i don't wanna be a contrarian but you don't want to lose the attention, you want to keep your eye on the serial killer, yeah like i think.

sara: okay. anyways. i had a job.

tegan: now tell them what you did.

sara: you interrupted me. i was just going to say, now it feels so stupid to go back to that, but i did have a job and my boss. *looks over at tegan* see? now you're just trying to..

tegan: they waved at me! don't wave at me.

sara: it's like there's people waving at her, she's like a child. i have to put like an invisibility cloak over you so i can get a word in. turn around and look at gabe (the keyboardist). turn around. look at me. don't look at her.

*tegan gestures that audience should look at sara*

sara: see you can't even that. just try one story. just get off, go!

*tegan walks off stage*

sara: she's always trying to hog my space, it was just like that in the womb. that was my first job, was being born into the womb with tegan at the same time. okay. anyways i did have a job for about two weeks at the zoo once. and i worked at the botanical gardens and my boss was a breeder of ferrets and- you think i'm joking but it's true. it's nothing against people who breed ferrets, but i didn't have a lot in common with her. and those two weeks that i worked there deep frying dino nuggets in the botanical gardens, serving fries, and washing dishes was a sobering reality check. and i decided that no matter what happened, even if it meant killing tegan, i would be successful. the end. tegan? you may return.

witness the greatness

[​IMG]

#95. Underwater 6.33

HIGH: 9.00 x 1 @LE0Night
    LOW: 2.00 x 1 @Ferk
    MY SCORE: 6.50

ALBUM: If It Was You
    WRITER: Sara

STOP STOP!!!! SHE'S ALREADY DEAD!!!!!
    Okay this is getting a bit ridiculous now. I really hope Sara doesn't somehow stumble on this rate and see how you all eliminated almost double the amount of Sara songs over Tegan songs. After seeing her kick Tegan off stage at that concert who knows what that women would do to extract her revenge on us? I volunteer @Ferk for tribute. I'm not actually that mad about Underwater going but within context I feel a bit like Sara's more strange songwriting is being paid dust here. Yeah yeah, it's PopJustice, Tegan writes poppier straightforward songs, why are you surprised, blah blah blah. I don't need your logic. I really like the pre-chorus on this, it's very pretty. Sara is great at lyrics and this time around I'm going to single out "you're a silly love song/ a verse chorus and such." Damn (not)straight.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    aux, Remorque, constantino and 10 others like this.
  6. I do tend to prefer Tegan songs soz not soz.

7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

@SaraQuin.

Jwentz likes this.
  8. Hey at least Sara got my 11!

ohnostalgia likes this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Me too.

10. I wish I could've done my rankings, but election week and work got the best of me

ohnostalgia likes this.
  11. Me too. But she did write Not With You so bless her for that!

12. Why didn’t I vote...

ohnostalgia likes this.
  13. Okay but this is dumb, have you seen American or British politics this year? You should always vote, or things wont go your way.

Jwentz likes this.
  14. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I don't know, you had seven weeks. Look deep inside your soul for an answer.

I kid. Maybe.

constantino, digitalkaiser and Jwentz like this.
  15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Yas Meghan snatch that promo

constantino, Slice of Life and Jwentz like this.
  16. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

IN THE TEGAN AND SARA RATE THREAD???

Slice of Life likes this.
  18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

sara: so we've been talking a lot about the early part of our career and uh we sort of feel a strange-

tegan: i feel weird when people bring up, like we have been talking about it a lot, but people bring it up in the sense like" wow you've been around for sooo long."

sara: "sooo many years".

tegan: "are you guys soooo tired? you have soooo many records. do you guys feel like soooo over it?" like those kinds of comments, and uh... no we don't.

*audience member yells keep going*

tegan: yeah, we're going to keep going.

sara: my favourite lately is- over the last few years one of the big things that we've struggled with is people would always go "so this is like your second or third record?" and we would be like "no, fuck that, we've got so many records!" and now people will be like "so you've got your thirteenth record coming out" and i'll be like slow down. slow. down. we are not that old. but um, but we are. we are thirty-five year old women, we're very mature.

*tegan reaches down to get water bottle*

sara: *chuckles* i thought tegan went down and i'm like she's old, she just has to lay down for a minute. that's fine.

[​IMG]

#94. Not With You 6.46

HIGH: 10.00 x 1 @Sprockrooster
    LOW: 4.00 x 1 @send photo
    MY SCORE: 7.00

ALBUM: This Business of Art
    WRITER: Sara

I totally stole lyrics from Not With You for my This Business of Art instagram post. I'm not a huge fan of the verses on this one, but I love that chorus sooo much!!! I love when Sara just bursts out with: from the liquor stores to the train stop floors / your filthy room, your drama blues, I am nothing if I'm not with you. Give me that teenage melodrama my misanthropic bitter queen! Not With You was one of the tracks the ladies re-arranged for their 2011 Tegan & Sara Get Along Live DVD. It also received some outings on tour, where Sara frequently talks about her regret over some of her earlier work (one of the videos I'll post has Old Recordings Hurt Sara in the title). Apparently this was one of the songs she could live with re-doing, but only because Tegan basically gave her an ultimatum.

But I'm glad this happened if only because I received this commentary from @Sprockrooster (10): "Our lovely host probably does not mind if I am rating the Get Along DVD - live rendition, cause that is a 10. I came to that one by accident as I was listening via youtube and clicked on the wrong link. But struck me deep nonetheless. The studio version is quite lovely too and a 7 in my world, but this more stripped more version is more for my taste. Their chemistry in this live performance is upsetting me. Tegan is serving such a sad face and when Sara smiles at her, but stops when she sees her sad face. It feels like the lyrics from this song run deep for them and I am somehow obsessed to know what is going on. Music can heal, but also address those feelings you do not want to feel. I thought long to 11 this, because of exactly that. Not because I am sadistic, but if a song has that power it has every right to be awarded that way."

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.