Back In Your Head: The Tegan & Sara Discography Rate | Page 40 | The Popjustice Forum

Back In Your Head: The Tegan & Sara Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Slice of Life

Slice of Life Staff Member

What kind of mean attitude??? I made the right choice of joining the #ImWithJimmy movement.

send photo and ohnostalgia like this.
  2. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Sara's.

3. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Excuse me, I can make my own gifs I just needed your help one time because I was going through a very difficult writing process for the advent calendar and I'm pretty sure I said I had a migraine!!!!!!

I mean nobody's guessing anyways, because I'm mean or some shit.

R92, Slice of Life and send photo like this.
  4. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

5/9 no gif for you.

5. Slice of Life

YATH FIGHT YOU TWO. THE FIFTH HARMONY DRAMA IS NOT ENOUGH.

Okay, let me play the game.

Tegan
    Tegan
    Sara
    Sara
    Tegan
    Tegan
    Tegan
    Sara
    Tegan

R92 and send photo like this.
  6. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

tegan: um i wrote this next song um years and years ago um... i consider myself an easy going, simple, lighthearted, positive, friendly, sweet, lovable person. sadly most people that have dated me don't think so.

*crowd aws*

tegan: it's okay, they're bitches. i'm just joking, they're not. *smiles* this song's about that.

[​IMG]

#59. Fix You Up 7.400

HIGH:
    10.00 x 3 @LE0Night @Slice of Life @Sprockrooster
    LOW: 5.50 x 1 @Remorque
    MY SCORE: 7.00

ALBUM: So Jealous
    WRITER: Tegan

I don't think we've cut a So Jealous track in a little while and I'm just grateful it's not one of my 10s considering what happened earlier today. Fix You Up is very pretty, but it doesn't really pick up for me until the synths kicks in at about 1:46 on the bridge. Lovely. I did some hunting around for the story behind this song and Tegan gives a very different explanation than the one I posted from a live performance:

I guess there was lots of time that for Sara and I, being sisters and being family and being in a band for five years, it can be exhausting and at times I felt like sort of an unknown. With Sara moving to Montreal and talking a lot about going back to school, it was tough. There were times when I was writing this record where I was pretty sure that was it. You know, like I was writing my own record and Sara was gonna be done and wasn’t contributing and wasn’t returning my calls or hadn’t sent me new music. I thought, jeez, this is it, she’s gonna quit and I’m gonna be all on my own. And there’s something about that song; I guess I was trying to get that feeling like you sort of have to enjoy what you have and you have to put in a hundred percent and give everything you have or really there’s nothing to give because if you’re being a big whiny bag all the time then that’s all you’ll be.

I'm sure it's about both, but relating this song to their sisterly relationship definitely hits me in the feelings. Especially when I think about the songs Sara wrote during this record cycle. Okay, give me a moment.

Let's check in with @digitalkaiser (7.5) while I'm drying my eyes: "I love how lush and gorgeous and soft this song is at the beginning, but it has a really anthemic chorus. It’s very ‘at the bar having a drink after a bad argument or breakup’ sort of song. Its sad but also has a ‘pull yourself up by your bootstraps’ vibe. Actually, let me amend this comment after I’ve already rated (I gave it a 6) because this song is honestly so good I am shook. It’s really sweet." Aw. @constantino (8) felt the warm fuzzies: "Boy I really needed this today; the musical equivalent of a bowl of soup, a cookie and a warm bath. Thanks girls." What does lowscorer @Remorque (5.5) have to say for himself? "I feel like I kind of underscored this one, but at the same time I’m finding it hard trying to find something to fully grab me in… There’s just something a little bit off about how they’re sounding, but maybe that was what they were going for, I don’t know." bird.gif @eccentricsimply (7.5) is also a sucker for the twin relationship songs: "All the songs that are about the two of them rest close to my heart. "There's not a lot for you to give if you're giving in." It gets you thinking about how it can be complicated and things could go down the Gallagher route when you're working with your sibling on something like this." Yes, let's thank the lord their Gallagher phase was resolved. Apparently I've been bullying poor Jimmy @send photo (7) too much, but this is a self-drag: "me @ my scores." Don't @ me. After lamenting so much about the first three albums being cut, now we're going to take his tens from the others! Poor @Sprockrooster (10): "Very stadium rock and I am a fan! Brilliant sing-along." I was going to feel bad for @Slice of Life (10) but they've been sassing me a little tew much today: ""What I wanted most, what I wanted most, what I wanted most was to get myself all figured out. And what I figured out, what I figured out, what I figured out was that I needed more time to figure you out." This right here is supreme songwriting. I'm impressed. And the good sis Genius tells me that this about the sisters' relationship? Aww, that's sweet." Shonda Rhimes agreed as this is yet another Grey's Soundtrack song.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

4/9.

R92 and Slice of Life like this.
  8. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is not my day.

R92, LE0Night, constantino and 3 others like this.
  9. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

By the way, the first live performance I posted of Fix You Up has the Old Timey banter from a previous elimination. It's definitely another video all Sara fans should watch.

R92 likes this.
  10. Awe, I still have really found a new love for the song so its sad to see it go.

R92 and ohnostalgia like this.
  11. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

TOMORROW - an unscathed album loses a track.

Also not so friendly reminder that the stupid Night Terrors song is still here so if you gave it a high score please reflect on what you've done. Legitimate Tegan & Sara classics are falling left and right before it; what an injustice.

R92 and Slice of Life like this.
  12. Tegan
    Tegan
    Sara
    Tegan
    Tegan
    Sara
    Sara
    Sara
    Tegan

13. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

6/9

14. I Run Empty or That Girl. Anything else would kill me.

Assuming unscathed means completely untouched rather than relatively untouched.

15. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Listen here......

R92, Slice of Life and Posh Spears like this.
  16. I'm just saying if we had to lose a LY2D track. But they're all objectively excellent and I stand by my comment from earlier saying I wouldn't mind if we didn't lose any until top 25 x

ohnostalgia likes this.
  17. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Well we're losing something from either Heartthrob or Love You To Death tomorrow, so I suppose you better pray.

18. Ugh. Gotta be I Run Empty. I overscored it with an 8, it's like a 6.5. But my commentary works well for the holiday season so there's another reason it should leave now.

19. Sara
    Tegan
    Sara
    Sara
    Tegan
    Tegan
    Tegan
    Sara
    Sara

20. Slice of Life

[​IMG]

My lowest score for both albums is an 8.5 so I better prepare my meltdown. I'm gonna be ruthless to whoever did these albums wrong.

R92 and digitalkaiser like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.