Back In Your Head: The Tegan & Sara Discography Rate | Page 73 | The Popjustice Forum

Back In Your Head: The Tegan & Sara Discography Rate

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by ohnostalgia, Sep 19, 2016.

1. NO.

2. Last comment about it but the fact that Liam had the most amount of votes for favorite member in that rate is so telling of PopJustice as a whole.

He's my 2nd fave, so good.

Jwentz likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

4. Liam
    Harry
    Zayn
    Niall

Lois

5. My least favorite person on earth stans Zayn so I hated him before I heard a 1D song besides SOML, but even I have the sense to know he's better than Louis kii.

6. You're my least favorite person too.

7. Slice of Life and ohnostalgia like this.
  8. [​IMG]

9. I'm at work I can't really help you out right now. @Solenciennes please delete that Louis gif from my rate.

I mean I can't really do that when half of you can't even tell them apart. Also I don't want to bully Sara.

First2Run and Slice of Life like this.
  10. Just because I'd let him tear it up.

eccentricsimply likes this.
  11. I mean one of those people zero-ed Fireproof so maybe cut them out of the group gif.

12. My 1D ranking:

1. Zayn
    2. Liam
    3. Harry and Niall (Harry has become quite a cutie in his recent pics)

666. Louis

eccentricsimply and ohnostalgia like this.
  13. Which one

[​IMG]

ohnostalgia likes this.
  14. I believe it was @Mr. Right who seems to have mysteriously left the forum.

At least none of you zeroed my 11 in this rate, I guess I will give you that.

15. tegan: what's that? it's a pin, what does it say?

sara: okay it's- i appreciate your gift-

tegan: oh no.

sara: uh mommy's not mad, but it is an odd object to throw at me.

tegan: what does it say?

sara: well it's interesting...

tegan: it says "eat pussy."

sara: it doesn't, it does say- it's interesting to me because my interpretation of this pin, which i will wear for the last song, it's a- i think it's a gravestone that has the words "there better be cats" engraved on them.

tegan: interesting- like in heaven?

sara: i do find it interesting because i just never think of- um i don't want to be buried. i mean we don't know each other, so this might be a little bit intense. um i prefer not to be buried, i mean i have a will, but if it comes down to it and you're asked- sara does not want to go in the ground. and so it's interesting because i don't generally think about what would be on my gravestone, but thank you for putting this up here on the stage and i will wear it and i do hope whatever happens after the asteroid hits earth, i do hope there's cats there. so thank you so much.

tegan: okay. weird left turn here at the end of the set. that's okay. tegan and sara's all about being real.

[​IMG]

#9. Dying To Know 9.00

HIGH:
    10.00 x 5 @constantino @digitalkaiser @Ferk @LE0Night @Slice of Life
    LOW: 7.00 x 1 @Jwentz
    MY SCORE: 8.50

ALBUM: Love You To Death
    WRITER: Both

Let's open with The Ultimate Hall of Shame. This is reserved for people who rated the midtier bop Dying To Know- which basically covers the same thematic and musical ground that Sara broke on Now I'm All Messed Up and How Come You Don't Want Me, but with less skill and charm- higher than The Con, an actual certified Tegan Rain Quin Masterpiece:

But lest we forget the equally insidious Score Inflation Hall of Fame. Also known as those voters who should've known better and not rated Dying to Know as equivalent to The Con. I think you might find some names of people who threw dramatic fits two days ago...

Let this be a lesson to you all: rate albums with the scores you think they deserve and don't try to adjust things to make up for what you predict other voters will do. Because 9 times out of 10 you are fucking wrong and send us all into some alternate universe where half of the greatest Tegan & Sara songs are from Love You To Death. Anyways, Dying to Know is a song they wrote together by combining songs. It's cute and I actually do like it, but it's become the Where Do Broken Hearts Go of this rate for me (since we've been all 1D up in here over the last two pages) and I lowkey resent it now. The video is.... nice?

"Shockingly" there's not a lot of commentary for this one. I'm heartbroken. @digitalkaiser (10) is just straight up saying anything and hoping we don't clock him: "This song would be my 11, it’s amazing. I have more loyalty to I’m not your hero. I think this song has one of my favorite choruses ever, such a stomper." THIS. WOULD. BE. YOUR. OTHER. ELEVEN? THIS??????? Get some standards. Basically @constantino (10) got stockholmed syndrome-d so there's still hope for him: "DDD I couldn’t with this on initial listen…it didn’t help that everyone in the thread was gushing over this and calling it one of their best. Hilariously, I took a couple more listen just to write up a venomous post about why it’s overrated and ended up getting my life. This is so effortlessly bopable, I love the clunkiness of the synths." Please come back to the light. @Posh Spears (9.5) flat up lies: "This is SUCH an earworm." This is actually the song I always forget about on Love You To Death. Trust me I had to write the entire tracklist out by memory enough times for all those Top Blah Blah Blah posts. @eccentricsimply (9) is talking but will I bother listening: "They should write stuff together much more often than they do because we got this amazing song as a result." *whisper* I actually think their cowrites are some of their weakest songs, save for Closer *unwhisper* @Slice of Life (10) forgot that they could just listen to Now I'm All Messed Up instead and call it a day: "I'm dying to not give this a 10 but they sell this so, so well, it's become impossible for me to deny the song's genius. I mean, isn't this the most relatable song ever? When you just want to know how your ex's doing? If their miserable or happy... or both. Kii. "It kills me still, No matter what you might of heard" is so simple but so striking and sincere. Yath, destroy my moving on process a bit gorls." I hope this was worth it @Ferk (10): "I love how unabashedly POP this is. It's always reminded me of like, a lost boyband song from the turn of the century." Nah, I don't think it was.

Shout out to the only people who correctly rated The Con above Dying to Know: @Jwentz @Petty Mayonnaise @send photo @Sprockrooster and of course yours sincerely, @ohnostalgia

16. n n n n n berate me queen.

17. Awe, I'm okay with this leaving. There are better songs in LY2D

ohnostalgia likes this.
  18. Giving LYTD a 9.92 average didn't seem at all... excessive to you?

19. OH MY GOD and you want to come for my scores

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.