Backstreet Boys - This Is Us | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Backstreet Boys - This Is Us

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Dinno, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedOne is just so Akon and Gaga to me, unfortunately. At least this has synths! Welcome back, boys. Keep making stuff in this vein por favor.

2. Sadly I don't think the Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers fanbase out there today appreciate 'old' groups like the Backstreet Boys, so I don't think they'll ever become 'big' again. I hope this is a decent hit for them though.

3. I agree but it would be nice for this to at least go top 20 in the States.

4. I've just realised what is missing from this song, its the nice big shouty "RED WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNE" "BACKSTREEEEEEEEEEEEET" at the beginning. ha ha

5. Really quite nice.
    Too bad it reminds me a little too much of Takin Back My Love.

6. I'm not sure I care for the metaphor, but the song as a whole is really good.

7. I love it. To me it doesn't sound anything like Enrique/Ciara. Looking forward to the album, if it's half as good as Never Gone i'll be happy.

8. Heard this on the radio today. It really strikes you as well crafted pop, no more, no less.

9. Really? I think it sounds more like a Eurovision entry...and a 'nil points' one at that...

10. In my opinion, it sounds like a track that could have been in one of their first couple of albums and those were awesome songs man...

11. I can't wait to see this video especially with the vampire girl!!

12. I agree. It's the best thing they've done since 'The Call'!

13. This song is officially released today on all top 40 stations in america and out on itunes & amazon tomorow.

14. This is so gonna flop right? There's no hype.

15. Its doing good its only been out officially for 1 day so far.

16/08/2009
    Audience: 0.563
    Spins: 200
    POP: 196
    HAC: 4

Available for airplay

18/08 Mainstream Allaccess.com they put HOT next to STMH under cool new music.

Mainstream Top 40
    Taking Off : By Spins

They have the most new spins on that list.

Artist Title New Stations New Spins
    BACKSTREET BOYS Straight Through My Heart 10 128

Mainstream Top 40
    Spincrease : By Move

Artist Title Move Stations Playing
    BACKSTREET BOYS Straight Through My Heart +186 24

16. It's doing well on itunes in the countries it was released this week! Currently:

US:
    #39 overall Itunes
    #16 pop

CANADA
    3 in Pop charts on Itunes
    5 in Overall on Itunes

Many other European countries it is in the top 10 or 20 as well.

Here is a performance of it from Beatstock in New York at the weekend - I love the dancing!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRv6dUx3ju0

The STMH video should be out next week, and has a vampire theme..

17. I'm chuffed its got off to a great start, also I never get sick of a good old BSB performance.

18. MB

MB

The video looks like it could be very good indeed, but i will reserve judgement.

As for the performances, im impressed that they've got the dancing back and still singing live - something you still don't see that much of

19. i like this song- and i love the live performance including the dancing. very slick! and does anybody know if this is being released here in the uk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.