Bad Bunny | Page 8 | The Popjustice Forum

Bad Bunny

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mr.Arroz, Sep 27, 2018.

1. wait this is him too?

2. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Yes, dd.

He was definitely trolling us a bit @ the beginning with what might be seen as a reference to Rosalía. Only to have him flip the script!

Honestly, I'm mad proud of him at every step. Yes, he trades on an ability to play with queer-leaning aesthetics, but he ultimately does them in a respectable and responsible way. It wasn't someone in a costume making fun of drag, of GNC/trans people, he played the role himself, and it wasn't even for comedy. It was to demonstrate comfort with one's self, which I find to be his message for those around him, but for those not afforded his privileges. Yes, I am a super fan, but it's brilliant. I feel so happy getting to watch his career grow only greater with each drop. Him standing with us isn't performative... it's him.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    KingBruno, acl, spaceship and 21 others like this.
  3. He

He

He's all the main women in the vid.

Red outfit, orange with the big breast plate (in the picture), the blond one dancing with himself...

Trinu 3.0 likes this.
  4. That video was a STATEMENT! Yes Benito!

5. That video is just... everything. I love him so much.

Deleted member 22552 likes this.
  6. I love him to death but anyone knows why he didn't credited the singer on this song?

7. Such a perfect album to blast out me out of quarantine stasis! Now I need to watch some more of these music videos and follow him on insta...

Gabeee9292 likes this.
  8. He

He

Maybe an oversight of the video tagging? She's credited on the album.

9. His queer baiting paired with him not crediting the female singer as a guest artist on the song is... not the tea.

10. It's what I've been questioning since I first played it on Spotify. It feels... weird for her to be the only non credited feature

11. Yea, I know he’s doing many good things too but when I was reading the Pitchfork profile and that part where he didn’t credit her came up then I was a bit hmm...

12. He

He

Maybe label politics? He should clarify it though.

13. He's all I've got
    He's all I've got in this world
    But

He and Deleted member 22552 like this.
  14. Whatever you want
    Whatever you need
    He’s all in meeeeee

sesita and He like this.
  15. I'd only understand not crediting Nesi on the video incase dumb people thought she was Benito in drag but she's not credited on Spotify either even though I've read she does - maybe it's region specific?
    Rock Your Body teas.

Apparently her part was a sample that was bought 'wholesale' that's why she's not credited but it still sucks.

And someone took this

and made this

sesita likes this.
  16. Can Safaera get a video too? It's in my top 5 songs released this year!

[​IMG]

Really hope they managed to film one before the pandemic struck.

sesita and Deleted member 22552 like this.
  17. Is she at least a writer?

18. He

He

She is credited as a writer, so I hope some checks are coming her way!

Deleted member 22552 and sesita like this.
  19. Yes get that coin Genesis!

He likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.