Bananarama - General Discussion | Page 736 | The Popjustice Forum

Bananarama - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Fish Finger, May 31, 2012.

1. This really need to be a reality.

davearama and WhereIsTheFeeling like this.
  2. A Jacquie tour will absolutely sell better than any duo tour surely.

3. I think so too.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  4. I guess it depends if there is a hunger from K&S to do another full on headline tour with the compromise of covering a certain era with a 3rd member…… we all know they get huge crowds at festivals as the duo where they are not the only draw yet their shows as headliners have to be smaller scale to sell out….. it has to come down to money and ease. It’s clear they adore playing live and thrive off of the interactions with audience in buzzing venues but do they want to step outside their comfort zone of each other? That’s the question…..

VivaForever likes this.
  5. Oh when I mean a Jacquie tour I don't mean a Pop Life tour, it'd still be a Hits tour with, yes, maybe a dedicated Pop Life section with the three singles and Ain't No Cure, maybe on medley form.

davearama and WhereIsTheFeeling like this.
  6. I agree it’d have to be hits heavy but also doing the Pop Life singles and maybe a couple of album highlights…. I’ve done a little set list I think would work with all the big hits minus a few of the very early Siobhan heavy ones….

Long Train Running
    Cruel Summer
    Ain’t No Cure
    I Can’t Help It
    Only Your Love
    Love, Truth & Honesty
    I Heard A Rumour
    Tripping On Your Love
    Help!
    More Than Physical
    What Colour R The Skies Where U Live?
    Robert De Niro’s Waiting
    Nathan Jones
    Preacher Man
    I Want You Back
    Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye)
    Love In The First Degree
    Venus

7. Take. My. Money.

sjoe71 and WhereIsTheFeeling like this.
  8. The issue with acts making a comeback after the initial relaunch unless there's something new and special about the second leg the interest wanes. Not sure Jacqui is enough of a draw to help sell a tour that would make it worthwhile to all. An academy sized tour would likely be viable but I can't see them doing the Apollo sized venues. I would imagine London Shepherds Bush empire would be the biggest. I mean, I'd love it but can't see it.

9. The club tours they did for In stereo would sell perfectly fine for a Pop Life + hits heavy tour? Something like 4 or 5 dates. Realistically.

davearama and Vasilios like this.
  10. Better than a duo tour that won’t even fill theaters?

11. Well yes but would they be willing to tour with Jacqui for the limited return that would provide? And you know full well they wouldn't offer her a third of the profits, more a 'Here's a lump sum, take it or leave it'.

12. “Here’s an M&S gift card”

13. What a setlist!

14. Jacqui in a Travelodge whilst they're in the Hilton...

15. This is pretty much my dream Bananarama setlist. As Jacquie was in the band at the time I became a fan a reunion tour involving her would be amazing. Stranger things have happened - if Shakespears Sister can reunite and ruddy ABBA can release a new album anything is possible!

16. One correction

Long Train Running
    Cruel Summer
    Ain’t No Cure
    I Can’t Help It
    Only Your Love
    Love, Truth & Honesty
    I Heard A Rumour
    Tripping On Your Love
    Help!
    More Than Physical
    One In A Million
    Robert De Niro’s Waiting
    Nathan Jones
    Preacher Man
    I Want You Back
    Na Na Hey Hey (Kiss Him Goodbye)
    Love In The First Degree
    Venus

17. I don’t think we will ever hear One In A Million live! Strange they did that one performance in ‘88 which I can’t find now on YouTube though!

18. This is great but it would need to open with the milky bar mix of Only Your Love or one of the thousand mixes of Tripping On Your Love. Those extended mixes just sound like tour intros to begin with!

burntoutcar likes this.
  19. My thought was Long Train Running as it’s a cover, well known but not one of their biggest hits. And an extended flamenco intro would be a great build up to their entrance…. And perhaps could be incorporated into Cruel Summer like the 2001 version which was actually quite good despite being on the album we don’t name.

burntoutcar and Omead like this.
  20. All of this yes! I hear you.
    If I ever had the opportunity to meet the ladies again I think I’d just spend it badgering them to make this Pop Life + show happen! Haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.