Bananarama News - Exclusive London Gig on 12th Oct for competition winners

I soooooo wanna be there! It would be AMAZING to see the girls live properly. Maybe this will be like a warm up for a potential tour if the album does well.....?

Just received my CD single and both 7" singles from Townsend; I'd almost forgotten that I'd ordered them, I did it so long ago. Must remember the download which also came with the bundle.

My boyfriend won. He didn't even realise he'd entered a competition. However, there's no way we can make it to London so if anybody wants the tickets PM me and you can have them. I take it you can give them away as you just get sent a code right?

Question :
In the 'Viva' album booklet, the Bananarama fish logo appears next to WHICH song's lyrics?

ANYBODY KNOW???

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

V

vasilios

Where did you get the code from? HMV or Bananarama.co.uk?

I didn't get a code... so far but I plan on going and... heaven help me!?
If no-one gets the code I'd like that but not on priority if you get what I mean?

vasilios said:
Where did you get the code from? HMV or Bananarama.co.uk?

I didn't get a code... so far but I plan on going and... heaven help me!?
If no-one gets the code I'd like that but not on priority if you get what I mean?

It will have been HMV. Isn't the gig only for competition winners though? This is what the email says:

"You and a friend have won the chance to see Bananarama at the Relentless Garage
on Monday 12 October, doors 7pm.

The tickets will guarantee you entry to the event provided you arrive at the venue before 8.00pm on the day of the event, after 8.00pm entry will be on a first come, first served basis to the capacity of the venue.

You must activate the code by Thursday 8th October at 9.00am ."

If no-one else wnats them then they're yours Vas! They'll only go to waste otherwise.

V

vasilios

Yay I won too!

See you there PJers.... you know what I look like, come talk!

I'm hoping to be there but I need to get the time off/leave work early first!

I bet their live vocals are awful!

Just how I like it,

V

vasilios

Jackie Tyler-Wilde said:
I'm hoping to be there but I need to get the time off/leave work early first!

I bet their live vocals are awful!

Just how I like it,

You have to be there at 8, even later - it's do-able!

They were fab! What a fun night. Got some album tracks, and LOADS of oldies which were certainly more crowd pleasing!

They said just before the did "Move In My Direction" that the dancers werent on because they couldnt remember the routine, sadly I could! lol

Nice to see them having seperate vocals on the new tracks too.

Viva Bananarama!

Was a really good night, they just seemed to be having a laugh - vocals not half as terrible as I imagined they would be!

Saw vasilios but was too shy to say hello.

V

vasilios

It was amazing! Surprisingly I loved the new tracks even more live!
Yes, the vocals were so spot on, if they didn't mess up the lyrics I'd think it was mimed!!

I Want You Back, Robert De Niro, I Heard A Rumour, Love In The First Degree... dream come true to hear those live.

AND I MET THE AFTERWARDS! Pascal from the fanclub mentioned me to them that I flawn from Greece to see them etc so they asked for me to be brought in and got a pic and signed covers!!! They were amazing even though I made the cheap joke about me being the new 3rd member when we posed for the pic.

Random-rama moment, Liz from Atomic Kitten was there, looking very good, very tall and very... erm lost. She was very very nice!

I saw some Fascination stuff too hipsterlike and all cool and stuff!

T

tommie

Peter Lorraine comments on the second single on the Bananarama forum:
Pete Loraine
Post subject: Re: Another Single?
Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:26 am

Goodness! Everyone can stop stressing! There will definitely be some news soon! We're just deciding what will work best at the moment!! Good to hear everyone's thoughts about single choices - but the quote that 'Fascination should strike a deal with radio stations' is (I'm sorry to say), a bit naive. x

Bless him. This truly is a vanity project based on a child hood dream (not that I'm complaining - Lord knows how many Dannii flops I'd release if I were head of a record label).

It was brilliant! And I met Lizzzzzzzzzzzz from Atomic Kitten too - she looked amazing and her jacket was so cool.

The gig was brilliant way better than expected...I now LOVE "Twisting" and "Viva" in general - listened to it at the gym today...we were singing Bananarama songs all the way home to Brighton on the train.

Just awesome, thanks girls!