Bananarama | Page 730 | The Popjustice Forum

Bananarama

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Fish Finger, May 31, 2012.

1. Yeah, to me Strike It Rich, Some Girls, Bad For Me and Once In A Lifetime always sounded a bit 'weaker' or less full vocally, but I guessed it was because they mentioned trying solo spots here and there on the album (specifically for Some Girls, I think), and they mentioned Siobhan covering her mouth during the Strike It Rich recording session, so she must have turned up to record it.

Listened to the album version of I Want You Back, which I had not done in ages (always go to the single mix), you can hear Siobhan very clearly on the verses, or at least I think so. I'm not sure Jacquie ever re-recorded the chorus? It sounds identical to me.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  2. My thinking is that Siobhan recorded Reason For Living and wasn't around for the change to I Want You Back, and it's just Sara and Keren on the chorus. If Jacquie just covered Siobhan, then maybe she skipped the chorus.

Delage likes this.
  3. I can hear Siobhan and Jacquie clearly on their respective versions. The phrasing is very slightly different mostly in the verses. Strike It Rich I cannot hear Siobhan at all.

burntoutcar likes this.
  4. Per my requests, KSO has reacted to both ...

Only Your Love

Preacher Man

Enjoy!~

AceReject and ohnoitisnathan like this.

5. Well, look what we have here!

ohnoitisnathan, trussy74 and zephyr like this.
  6. Interesting they’ve dug this one up now after so long. Nice musical arrangement but still not great - Team Steps reign supreme on this track I’m sorry to say.

7. Disagree!

8. More Than Physical performance;
    "More than six months pregnant in my case"
    "You've gone Joan Collins haven't you?"

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  9. Terrible live vocals?

Thankfully they have improved and work as a duo now.

10. I sent her 'Love, Truth & Honesty' a month ago, so that one will be coming up at some point.

I'd kind of like to see her do a 'serious' Bananarama song, like 'Robert De Niro's Waiting'.

davearama likes this.
  11. I already had her do Love, Truth & Honesty. Sometimes her videos get blocked, and I think that may be one of them. I have the video for her reacting to it. I can send it to you via WeTransfer. Send me a private message with your email. She also did I Want You Back and Help and both of those did not make her account. I have those reactions too.

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  12. Happy 29th Birthday to Movin' On..... so in celebration I have been working on a house remix of this classic. Its very much a work in progress as the timings go a bit off after the 2nd chorus (not sure how to fix this as yet....)

ladyfaheyfan likes this.
  13. Okay so only now I’m starting to listen to them and so far I liked what I hear. What’s their essential album?

phoenix123, discoteca and davearama like this.
  14. The self titled album if you prefer their early sound (I do) or Wow! if you prefer the Stock Aitken Waterman pure pop sound. Brilliant too but I loved them from the start and as such the early stuff is more in my heart.

lob0to and LykkeLi like this.
  15. From the most recent to oldest, all of these are worth a listen:

In Stereo [2019]
    Drama [2005]
    Pop Life [1991]
    Wow! [1987]
    Bananarama [1984]
    Deep Sea Skiving [1983]

16. WOW!

17. Their essential album is probably their original Greatest Hits Collection. As for their best albums; Wow, Pop Life, and Drama.

18. Trio albums: Bananarama, True Confessions, Pop Life
    Duo: Drama, In Stereo

LykkeLi likes this.
  19. End of topic.

20. Part 2. When they burst out laughing at the French and Saunders bits and at Jacquie’s sarky comment about “gorgeous old Basil” it’s contagious.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.