Bananarama | Page 740 | The Popjustice Forum

Bananarama

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Fish Finger, May 31, 2012.

1. Had a feeling you would say that!

2. Purely speculation, but I remember them hinting about working on some music with Sara’s daughter Alice and I noticed that a couple of days ago they posted a photo of Alice dressed in green (which seems to be a theme for whatever this project is).

3. All of my socials are highlighting it was 4 years ago since the reunion tour with Siobhan! Still an absolute triumph and joy they did this after so long apart. Reliving my pics and videos giving me life!

4. Madness it's 4 years already!! Still one of the greatest concerts I've ever seen too.

5. It’s my favourite concert ever. Bittersweet, because turned out my euphoria was partly a hyper mental health illness and the next morning I had a complete nervous breakdown. (All recovered now.)

Shelby '68, Dr Pop, davearama and 4 others like this.
  6. It really was the best gig and so much fun. Glad to hear you’ve recovered too.

7. Glad to hear you're ok now. Sorry to have heard that.

burntoutcar likes this.
  8. Agree on both fronts.
    The chaotic euphoric energy of the Steps and Rams tours overlapping was quite something.
    (At one point we did Steps Brighton-Bananas Nottingham-Steps London on consecutive nights and I’m not sure I could do that 4 years on) (although very happy to give it a go if the pop gods/Sara/Keren/Peter Loraine are listening)

9. The Bananarama trio reunion tour was possibly the best concert I've ever been to. It was sheer joy and the setlist was all killer no filler. Never did I think in my wildest dreams I would see Siobhan Fahey singing Preacher Man!

10. I LOVED how Siobhan had to admit Preacher Man was great! Taste never lies.

11. Has Siobhan ever revealed her thoughts on Pop Life? I always thought it was ironic she left as they were getting too SAW pop then they came up with an album she'd probably have been really happy with. It was lovely to see her getting her life to Preacher Man.

12. Pop Life, is more Siobhan than WOW! I'd would say.

13. I don’t think we would have got Pop Life without Jacquie’s influence though. She definitely had the link to Youth.

14. That reunion gig was up there with some of the best gigs I've been to. The buzz in the bars beforehand was electric - a level of public love and respect for Bananarama I'd not seen since the 80's and the gig itself was equally incredible. My only regret was passing on the coloured vinyl of the tour (the only one of their coloured vinyls I don't have), but I'm calling black a colour in this instance, haha.

There's so much scope for what Bananarama can bring in 2022 and I do hope whatever they've got planned for their 40th anniversary year does their legacy justice. I'll not hold my breath, but a return of Siobhan in some capacity again would be just wonderful.

15. I was excited for the reunion gig and then... I got chicken pox! Chicken pox as an adult was NOT fun.

16. Not that I saw, just that they had gone and done a song she really liked (Preacher Man) after she left.

17. I don’t think Siobhan has publicly said anything about the years after her departure musically (other than Preacher Man) but she did state that despite the agro around the recording that of all their albums WOW! was the best/most consistent in hindsight. The fact she performed all the SAW material (including of course Love, Truth & Honesty at opening night then again during the summer shows) make me think her pop sensibilities win through every time despite a preference for the darker material she made as Shakespears Sister. Bear in mind it was also Siobhan who lead them to record with SAW in the first place with Venus since she loved the Dead or Alive sound so much!

18. Almost 7 pages back to find this thread.

Apparently Keren will be in Radio 2 on the evening of Christmas Eve.

Hope someone records it!

unnameable and Music City Queen like this.
  19. 4 years already??!! Holy cow.

I would love to hear Siobhan recording with them again.

20. @biff stannard any chance of a clip of the track they recorded with you? Just a snippet for Christmas pleeeeeeeaaaaassseeee!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.