Bananarama | Page 759 | The Popjustice Forum

Bananarama

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Fish Finger, May 31, 2012.

1. Love this! The production is brilliant.

2. Completely in love with this song already! Wistful & plaintive.

Pink Frost and davearama like this.
  3. Now THIS is what I came for!!

The production is giving the midpoint between Pet Shop Boys and Kylie. I have no choice but to stan!

4. Yeah, I hear Pet Shop Boys in that production too. No pun intended but I love the 'Drama' of this track.

The_Rani, Pink Frost and davearama like this.
  5. Loving it

Pink Frost and davearama like this.
  6. My first era being a stan… and this is such a tune. Loving every second of it

Pink Frost, burntoutcar and davearama like this.
  7. Not a bad track for sure, it has its charm. It is not grabbing me like other modern Bananarama single debuts .....yet.
    I do prefer "Favourite" but no complaints, hopefully the best of the album is yet to come.

Pink Frost and YourLeadSinger like this.
  8. It's giving Sandra.

The_Rani and lob0to like this.
  9. This sounds like it's shaping up to be Adult-arama. Good though.

10. I prefer “Favourite” but this is good.

11. 2/2 for me so far. Production is lush.

Pink Frost, burntoutcar and davearama like this.
  12. I feel Favourite is the least Bananarama Bananarama single ever though. It's good but very very different.

13. The vocals feel oddly under produced on this. They feel lost in the mix of the (actually sublime) backing track.

spacer likes this.
  14. I think it’s a moody, icy electro effort which will grow. Favourite was more instant for me but I’m feeling positive about the album.

15. I feel like Siobhan would have loved these, especially favourite.

YourLeadSinger, sjoe71 and Pink Frost like this.
  16. I had never heard the Alice version of Favourite before, it's not bad at all. But the Bananarama version is better.

davearama likes this.
  17. I’m a bit behind as was travelling yesterday but just had my first listen to the new single. I like it - the softer vocals really work for me (let’s be honest the duo can be a little “shouty” at times). Good production and soundscape. I would say it doesn’t really scream “lead single” though - however in this day and age I guess that doesn’t matter since they won’t be troubling the charts. Good to know Radio 2 have picked it as single of the week from next week and b listed it.

18. It screams 'Confessions on a Dancefloor' demo to me, but that's not a bad thing. 2/2 so far.

19. It's been 40 years, it really is time that daytime presenters stop wasting half the interview asking the "where did the name come from?" question.

Pink Frost, davearama and burntoutcar like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.