Bananarama | Page 780 | The Popjustice Forum

Bananarama

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Fish Finger, May 31, 2012.

1. The logo on the single cover bothers me. It says BANAN and then ARAMA underneath. It clearly should be laid as BANANA followed by RAMA.

silly observation, I know.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

biffy77, AshtrayHeart and phoenix123 like this.
  2. It's a reference, I thought
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. I didn't know there was one? I'm guessing it just cuts the strings intro, but if its notably different as in how the single version elevated Stuff Like That from good to great, then yes, that too.

4. It’s what Radio 2 played as I have a recording of its just a bit tidied up and banging

5. Oh, I never picked up on this. And it looks so much better on these covers!

6. Did we know they're on Sunday Brunch this weekend? That's a great slot for them.

More Nana chit chat I'd not noticed before...

davearama likes this.
  7. I really hope the bump up the level of the vocals 25% on the verses of Forever Young for a single mix, apart from that a great single.

8. The artwork this era overall has been pretty good I think.

Pink Frost likes this.
  9. It sounds like the second part of "Got To Get Away" to me.

10. I do miss the days when single releases was made obvious though. It was released and promoted properly and you knew about it.
    In the download era it just seems very random and lacking for all artists I mean.
    For example was "Favourite" an official single release or a taster track release? I assumed it was a taster track.
    Years ago it would have been obvious what was what if that makes sense.

Pink Frost likes this.
  11. Isn't that so they can chuck out a song and if it's a hit they can promote it and it's a single and if it isn't it's just a grat track or teaser or whatever. I don't know. I thought Favourite was a single myself.

12. They didn't give Favorite its own artwork, and a lead single with no video? I was never under the impression it was a single.

It might have felt a little like a single because we didn't get any other previews.

Pink Frost likes this.
  13. This is what I thought also.
    To me it was no different to when "Dance Music" was a taster track for "In Stereo".

14. The remix got its own single cover.

Also, could've sworn “Favourite” did get a single cover it’s just that it was the album cover picture with “Favourite” instead of Masquerade.

EDIT:
    upload_2022-8-9_10-39-36.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2022
  15. Pink Frost, The_Rani and ladyfaheyfan like this.
  16. Favourite did have its own cover.

upload_2022-8-9_15-40-46.jpeg

YourLeadSinger likes this.
  17. I think the concept of “a single” died years ago.

Pink Frost and YourLeadSinger like this.
  18. We have our answer...thank you hehe

spacer and OnlyYourLove like this.
  19. YourLeadSinger likes this.
  20. It’s a weird one because Madonna’s I Don’t Search I Find got zero single service, but it got a couple of remix packages and that warranted it a single? I’m still confused if it’d appear on a single collection?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.