Bananarama | Page 785 | The Popjustice Forum

Bananarama

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Fish Finger, May 31, 2012.

1. I really love this too, and the final video was not too bad either I think.

Pink Frost likes this.
  2. I prefer the b+w Trick Of The Night video. Not a fan of the other one.

3. It would have also suited the original more eerie version of the song too, as opposed to the SAW remix.

ohnoitisnathan, Pink Frost and spacer like this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Just came across this and wondered: what official megamixes did they have?
    I can find a Greatest Hits one on Discogs but it doesn't show a length, and Youtube obviously is full with fanmade ones

5. Happy 35th to WOW!! Their most feel good record, and in my view, their best.

6. If you're referring to the megamix that came on a free 12'' with copies of the album, it was 7'30 and included Love In The First Degree, I Heard A Rumour, I Can't Help It and Some Girls. A lovely addition to an already brilliant album.

Mvnl likes this.
  7. Playing WOW! (of course) right this moment. It really is as perfect as pop gets.

8. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Thanks. There seems to be a Wow one and a Greatest Hits one although they might be the same?

9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

10. Different. This is the Wow! Megamix:

Mvnl likes this.
  11. The second album I ever bought (on cassette!)

Happy birthday WOW!

12. I bought it on cassette too - what an iconic singles run and I love Some Girls and Once In A Lifetime too, both of which were strong enough to be singles too. The latter would have made a lovely Christmas single in 1987 with the girls walking around looking festive in the snow in the video.

13. Because I had it on cassette, the 12" versions of Some Girls and Strike It Rich are the definitives for me.

nanafan and idratherjack like this.
  14. Once In A Lifetime, may well by my favourite from it. Beautiful ballad and would have indeed made an great choice for an single release around Christmas/winter time. Could have shown an different more softer side to the girls too.

burntoutcar and idratherjack like this.
  15. One of the best moments on that album, is the outro choruses to Once In A Lifetime where the vocals drop out and we get brief moments of that beautiful backing track.

16. Wish we got more Bananarama ballads at times.

17. I think this is a complete list of the official Megamixes. I provided YouTube links where I could, otherwise Discogs links. There were actually 4 versions of Megarama ’89 and in Bolivia one was called Megarama ’90. Did I forget anything?

1. 1985: Do Not Disturb (Bananamix) [Do Not Disturb, Rough Justice, Na Na Hey Hey, Shy Boy, Robert De Niro’s Waiting, Really Saying Something, and Cruel Summer]

2. 1988: The Bananarama (WOW!) Mega-Mix 10” [Love In The First Degree, I Can’t Help It, Bad For Me, I Heard A Rumour, and Some Girls]

3. 1988: The Bananarama (WOW!) Mega-Mix 12” [I Can’t Help It, Love In The First Degree, Some Girls, I Heard A Rumour]

4. 1988: The Greatest Hits Megamix (7” Edit) [Love Truth & Honesty, Na Na Hey Hey, Love In The First Degree, I Heard A Rumour, I Want You Back, Venus]

5. 1988: The Greatest Hits Megamix (12”) [Love Truth & Honesty, Na Na Hey Hey, Love In The First Degree, I Can’t Help It, I Heard A Rumour, Shy Boy, I Want You Back, Venus]

6. 1989: The Greatest Hits Megamix (Spanish 7") [Na Na Hey Hey, Venus, I Want You Back, Love In The First Degree, Love Truth & Honesty, I Heard A Rumour]

7. 1989: The Greatest Hits Megamix (Canada Cassette Promo) [Na Na Hey Hey, Love Truth & Honesty, Love In The First Degree, I Can’t Help It, I Heard A Rumour, Shy Boy, I Want You Back, Venus]

8. 1989: Megarama ’89 (Alan Coulthard’s 7” Edit) [Cruel Summer, Na Na Hey Hey, Love In First Degree, Venus]

9. 1989: Megarama ’89/’90 (Alan Coulthard’s 12” Full-Length Version) [Cruel Summer, Na Na Hey Hey, Love In First Degree, I Heard A Rumour, Shy Boy, Venus, Robert De Niro’s Waiting, and Help!]

10. 1989: Megarama ’89 (Dimitri’s 7” Edit) [Love In The Factory, Cruel Summer, Na Na Hey Hey, Shy Boy, Venus]

11. 1989: Megarama ’89 (Dimitri’s 12” Full-Length Version) [Cruel Summer, Na Na Hey Hey, Shy Boy, Love In The First Degree, I Heard A Rumour, Venus]

12. 2002: Tempus Fugit Mix [Venus, I Heard A Rumour, Love, In The First Degree]

It’s about time we had a new Megamix!

18. What was the megamix version used on the Greatest Hits Video collection? I think they refer to it as the multimix on the video.

BootedGay71 and davearama like this.
  19. Good call. Yes! There is the Multimix on The Greatest Hits Video Collection [Cruel Summer, Na Na Hey Hey, Shy Boy, Robert De Niro's Waiting, Really Saying Something]

Thank you!

BootedGay71, carlbob and TrueBeliever like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.