Bananarama | Page 794 | The Popjustice Forum

Bananarama

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Fish Finger, May 31, 2012.

1. Streaming uploads dd

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  2. Rob

Rob

I didn't even realise London Records still existed.

freeheadmess likes this.
  3. Yes as an online music stream company it does. They also released All Saints Red Flag album a few years back.

Karl Siniak and Rob like this.
  4. They are the owners of a lot of ex-London Records catalogue after Warners had to divest some of their stuff (presumably as a result of one of the merger/takeovers that have happened).
    Because Music bought Warner Music 90 which contained most of the London Records stuff - and at some point clearly also licensed or bought the London trademark.

WhereIsTheFeeling likes this.
  5. Yes, however that “London Records” was a vanity label via Universal I believe, as they at the time had the rights to the name and trademark… it’s all incredibly confusing.

Interesting it says “Dannii Minogue” for coming soon in 2023… I guess they perhaps also took the rights to the Girl album from Warner Music UK and that’s why there is a delay in the UK reissue and explains what Dannii meant by the UK release being owned by a different label.

Bananarama could potentially be an updated singles collection… 40 years of Bananarama?

6. Maybe this is common knowledge, but it was new to me until today:

The fist line of the verse is exactly... well, judge for yourselves:

7. Never heard of this song before but it slaps.

And I hope Bananarama paid her (they def didn’t ).

spacer, davearama and WoW73 like this.
  8. I did some digging after I heard it in a version by Shirley Bassey this afternoon, on her 1979 album The Magic Is You. The original, instrumental version is heard on the opening credits of 1975 film Night Moves, a year later the song got lyrics and was recorded by one of the writers, in 1978 Dee Dee recorded a more boppy version of it, and Shirley recorded the slower version in 1979. The actual title is Night Moves and NOT Night Movies

9. WoW73 and YourLeadSinger like this.
  10. Just criminal now this song flopped all round in general.

11. I always loved Don't Throw It All Away by the ladies and SAW from the early Pop Life sessions but the leaked demo is so rough... and poor quality I don't listen often. So I tried to reimagine the track based on early 90s dance sounds - referencing Shocked (DNA Mix) by Kylie that transformed that track into a single friendly remix. I hope you like what I have created here as if the Rams had released it in 1990/1991 as a single influenced by the sounds of the time! (apologies some of the vocals a little rough due to demo quality/poor audio source / PS it also took forever to try and sync the vocals to the music as the timings were wayyy off the beat on the demo).

Dr Pop likes this.
  12. Really hope that we hear about this second album that Keren referred to soon.

Pink Frost and sjoe71 like this.
  13. Criminal this version has never been released:

14. Apparently it can't be found in the vaults. :-(

YourLeadSinger and phoenix123 like this.
  15. It’s interesting that the original version in the In A Bunch box set is not this version.

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  16. This version surprisingly works with the rest of the singles even if it’s a bit limp. “Do Not Disturb” proper sounds a bit out of place with the other three.

17. I'll never understand why they hate Do not disturb. Yeah, it's not up with the classics but it's still a great single.

18. They also looked great during the promo for this

19. I think they must have felt a bit behind with the Jolley/ Swain sound at this point.

lob0to and letuinmybackdoor like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.