Bananarama

I'm unsure about Ultra Violet. I kinda doubt it. As for Exotica, the definite answer is no.

I’d love for a new version of Exotica to be rerecorded with different producer (Ian Masterson?) called Exotica: Revisted and Revamped Edition. Just imagine the original songs (no remakes of the hits) and unused demos with a new production. Fans would love it!
Agree with this. The 2010 version of Every Shade Of Blue was really impressive!

Ultra Violet was just louder, it wasn't remastered at all.

Exotica will probably never be released again as the contract for the album was with a French TV studio, and the album is so unpopular they probably don't want to pay to buy the rights, especially as the don't really like or remember much about it.

I would love the late 90's/early 2000 demos to be properly recorded and produced. But again it may be too difficult. If only they had been the album instead of what we got.

Considering they said lots more was to come to celebrate their 40th I feel like we haven´t seen much at all.

Hopefully we will at least see Now Or Never released on vinyl. But I would love it if there was a volume two CD singles box set with everything they have released since the first set.

What was the story with the late 90s demos (e.g. the Xenomania material)? Was this material left unreleased because there was no record deal? It is a shame that it didn't tempt a record company to sign up but I guess that was the late 90s for you.

Years ago I heard a snippet of' 'Your love tastes so sweet' (?) which I remember sounding promising.

But I would love it if there was a volume two CD singles box set with everything they have released since the first set.

It would be beyond a dream come true for a volume 2 but with all the different record companies it would be a nightmare getting all the music and licencing would be a horrendous.

What was the story with the late 90s demos (e.g. the Xenomania material)? Was this material left unreleased because there was no record deal? It is a shame that it didn't tempt a record company to sign up but I guess that was the late 90s for you.

Years ago I heard a snippet of' 'Your love tastes so sweet' (?) which I remember sounding promising.
From what I remember they had a certain time frame to release those tracks, or they would revert back to the producer(s) to shop to other artists (I think one ended up a Dannii Minogue track). Time ran out shortly before they got that French deal, so they were left with just the few tracks they had done on their own (Boom, etc). I think at that point, they just rushed the rest of the album.

I think the album they were working on, from what we got to hear, would have at least been better than Ultra Violet and Please Yourself.

After the promotions of the album Ultra Violet ended in 1996, Bananarama started writing songs with producer Brian Higgins as well as some other producers (Xenomania?). The result was a full album of various pop sounds. Since the group were without a label, a demo of the album was shopped to various record companies at the beginning of 1997. Even their American label Curb sent out the demos to other record companies.

However, there were no offers (that we know of). In the summer of 1997, producer Brian Higgins used some of the music on the Bananarama demos on a few tracks for Danni Minogue’s album Girl, which was released in September 1997.

Here is the original demo for “Middle Of Nowhere” …

The music was used for Dannii’s song “Heaven Can Wait” …

Some people say they can hear elements of “Your Love Tastes So Sweet” in Dannii’s “All I Wanna Do.”

In August of 1997, Bananarama toured Australia and they performed a song called “Boom” in which fans thought was the forthcoming single. It never happened.

In the spring 1998, Bananarama reunited with Siobhan for cover of ABBA’s “Waterloo” for TV Show and album: A Song for Eurotrash. In 1999, a new demo CD was sent to record labels with mostly the same tracks as the 1997 demo album, plus some new songs added to it.

In December of 1999, Bananarama took part in the Club Sandwich Tour with Culture Club. They debuted the song “Blue Sky” at Wembley Arena. It was rumoured to be the new single. But it never came. Instead, a G-A-Y compilation featured a trancepop rerecording of “Robert De Niro’s Waiting” in 2000.

After the promotions of the album Ultra Violet ended in 1996, Bananarama started writing songs with producer Brian Higgins as well as some other producers (Xenomania?). The result was a full album of various pop sounds. Since the group were without a label, a demo of the album was shopped to various record companies at the beginning of 1997. Even their American label Curb sent out the demos to other record companies.

However, there were no offers (that we know of). In the summer of 1997, producer Brian Higgins used some of the music on the Bananarama demos on a few tracks for Danni Minogue’s album Girl, which was released in September 1997.

Here is the original demo for “Middle Of Nowhere” …

The music was used for Dannii’s song “Heaven Can Wait” …

Some people say they can hear elements of “Your Love Tastes So Sweet” in Dannii’s “All I Wanna Do.”

In August of 1997, Bananarama toured Australia and they performed a song called “Boom” in which fans thought was the forthcoming single. It never happened.

In the spring 1998, Bananarama reunited with Siobhan for cover of ABBA’s “Waterloo” for TV Show and album: A Song for Eurotrash. In 1999, a new demo CD was sent to record labels with mostly the same tracks as the 1997 demo album, plus some new songs added to it.

In December of 1999, Bananarama took part in the Club Sandwich Tour with Culture Club. They debuted the song “Blue Sky” at Wembley Arena. It was rumoured to be the new single. But it never came. Instead, a G-A-Y compilation featured a trancepop rerecording of “Robert De Niro’s Waiting” in 2000.

This rollercoaster.

Finally, we're having a sunny day with high temperatures here today, Ultra Violet is such a great soundtrack to such days