Bananarama

It’s not great. The track listing looks designed to make them the most money as they own the majority of the material, which is why there are so few London tracks. Feels like a cash grab to me rather than an actual bona-fide best of. But heritage acts live off a core fan base who buy pretty much everything regardless of content, format (look at Kylie’s Tension album and it’s 80 formats and £50 baubles). It’s not going to sell a huge amount to casuals, so fair play to them and good luck if they can make money still. Personally I’ve stopped buying endless releases like this and sold off a lot of things because I don’t have the room or the money to collect for collecting sake anymore. Give me proper box sets with comprehensive and archival material. Something I feel that has value and repeat playability.

It’s not great. The track listing looks designed to make them the most money as they own the majority of the material, which is why there are so few London tracks. Feels like a cash grab to me rather than an actual bona-fide best of. But heritage acts live off a core fan base who buy pretty much everything regardless of content, format (look at Kylie’s Tension album and it’s 80 formats and £50 baubles). It’s not going to sell a huge amount to casuals, so fair play to them and good luck if they can make money still. Personally I’ve stopped buying endless releases like this and sold off a lot of things because I don’t have the room or the money to collect for collecting sake anymore. Give me proper box sets with comprehensive and archival material. Something I feel that has value and repeat playability.
This.

I think the money they make off something like this likely helps them to continue releasing albums, so I have no issue with the track listing leaning towards their own material if that's what's best for them. However, there's a couple of missed opportunities to collect some lost tracks like U R My Baby and Love, Leave, Forget. And it would have been interesting to see which album tracks they'd pick from the trio album but there's none here.

I think the money they make off something like this likely helps them to continue releasing albums, so I have no issue with the track listing leaning towards their own material if that's what's best for them. However, there's a couple of missed opportunities to collect some lost tracks like U R My Baby and Love, Leave, Forget. And it would have been interesting to see which album tracks they'd pick from the trio album but there's none here.
I think these two are the biggest omissions given what they are trying to do with this collection. Would have been nice for them to have a release on a Bananarama album

Is it possible they'll do a digital exclusive bundle of rare tracks on release week so fans buy that again? Similar approach to Steps, Louise and recently Kylie!

Absolutely agree. I must say this at least every 5 or 6 pages, but here I go again - Love, Leave, Forget is one of the best things they've done as a duo, and U R My Baby is pretty bloody great too. Still, at least it's absence from Glorious means my cherished Is Harry On The Boat? CD is of value for a little longer. Live In The Sun wouldn't have been out of place on Glorious either.

Surely it's only a matter of time* until they give in to a 'rarities, unreleased, deep cuts' set, given almost every other format, configuration, product imaginable has been made available to sate our Nana hunger (they have, in fairness delivered in plentiful fashion over the last 10-15 years especially - quite something for a legacy pop act).

*by time, I am quite prepared that such a thing may not see light of day until the year 2525.

Surely it's only a matter of time* until they give in to a 'rarities, unreleased, deep cuts' set
They both over the years have expressed in interviews they hate demos and rarities being released.

Like when Changes leaked, etc.

I think the lack of some songs is probably because they don't remember them or have the rights like Love, Leave, Forget and U R My Baby.

Is it possible they'll do a digital exclusive bundle of rare tracks on release week so fans buy that again? Similar approach to Steps, Louise and recently Kylie!
Please, no! I did not spend close to 300 pounds (with very high shipping) on all the physical formats, only to have additional tracks released as "digital exclusives".

I quite like the track list although I would have love to seen the above tracks included. I think I would have liked it even better if they had just focused on the duo years. There are plenty of compilations already with all the trio tracks so instead the space could have been used for some rarities.

Since they are including tracks from Exotica I wonder if they would be open to releasing it on vinyl. Do they own the rights to that?

Singles/my album track choices aside, I feel like the most egregious omission are “Love, Leave, Forget” and “U R My Baby” and “Waterloo” feat. Siobhan Fahey.

Those are songs that are still not available on a Bananarama release to this day. Would’ve sweetened the pot along with the inclusion (on a physical product) of the two original tracks from the Now or Never EP and “Baby, It’s Christmas”.

I have never heard Love Leave Forget or R U My Baby so let me correct that. I have heard Waterloo and it’s pretty atrocious!
The audio on this video is bad, but here is Love, Leave, Forget ...

The demo version of U R My Baby was so much better than what was released on the Disco Bros album. You can hear the Disco Bros version here ..

This is better audio:

Where can we find the demo of “U R My Baby”?

Both of these are close to the Drama era so I’m still mad the label that did the reissues didn’t put them on.