Bananarama

Forever Young would have made a lot more sense in the context of Glorious and reflecting back etc, but I'd want it beefed up / toned down or just done different version to what we got.

Also, this mix makes Supernova a little bit more tolerable, and again plays on the nostalgia of former glories, so I'll keep an ear out with interest for any official remixes...

Velvet Lies is the one.

Forever Young would have made a lot more sense in the context of Glorious and reflecting back etc, but I'd want it beefed up / toned down or just done different version to what we got.
Agree, by the 2nd half the song has picked up, but it has such a limp start. The verses lack a punch.

Never seen this video before.

Only ever seen this in potato quality before. You can tell a reasonable amount of work went into this megamix video as they have tried to synch up a lot of the lyrics with similar lyrics from other videos. A nice addition to my Bananarama playlist.

Now if they could just upload an HD version of Cruel Summer 89 I wouldn’t have to rely on the good nature of @ohnoitisnathan94

Last edited:
Only ever seen this in potato quality before. You can tell a reasonable amount of work went into this megamix video as they have tried to synch up a lot of the lyrics with similar lyrics from other videos. A nice addition to my Bananarama playlist.

Now if they could just upload an HD version of Cruel Summer 89 I wouldn’t have to rely on the good nature of @ohnoitisnathan94

Ha! I forgot that was on one of my channels.

Never seen this video before.

The video is the Dimitri Mix Edit that was originally available in France. Other regions in Europe got the Alan Coulthard Mix Edit, which doesn't have the Lanananeeeneenoonoo bit at the beginning and instead of Shy Boy, it has Love In The First Degree.

Both versions are available on the In A Bunch Singles Box Set, which I wish was on streaming outlets.

Finally got my copy of Classic Pop with Bananarama on the cover, they say the 2 new tracks come from 7 they recorded, and were chosen because they were "euphoric". No plan yet for the other 5 tracks.
Did they mention any titles? "And It Was Midnight" and "I Believe In Me" were registered alongside the 2 released songs.

Was this included in one of their Edsel 2CD/DVD releases?

The bummer about these classic album reissues is that GH compilations tend to get leftout. They were kinda able to fix that with the Megarama 3CD - physical only bummer.

No, it’s not on the ‘WOW!’ Edsel release.