Bananarama

Why are they still in comeback corner? For the past few years they have released something new every year.
I like it here. The Betty Boo thread was very active when it was in the Comeback Corner. But it got moved to the Pop & Justice section, and the thread went very quiet ... hardly anyone commented on it over there.

I wish the name was something like Veteran Acts instead of Comeback Corner.

I like it here. The Betty Boo thread was very active when it was in the Comeback Corner. But it got moved to the Pop & Justice section, and the thread went very quiet ... hardly anyone commented on it over there.

I wish the name was something like Veteran Acts instead of Comeback Corner.
Agree fully - I've made this point a few times - I think I suggested summat to do with 'Legends' but can't recall what, and that it was bumped further up the sections list on the main page, mainly so I don't have to scroll down to get to Comeback Corner (or whatever its called). Having this below the rather more niche K-Pop, X-Factor and Eurovision sections really doesn't feel right.

I hope Initial Talk continues with taking inspiration from various sounds of the past (like them doing 2-step for Dannii) and doesn’t just 80s New Waveify it (despite it being the popular desire on here). Hoping for an Acid Techno redo personally.

not very interested in Glorious and hate the artwork, they look harsh/stern...surprised they liked the album cover.

I'm not crazy about the artwork either and here is why ... The album is called Glorious and that sounds exciting. The Ultimate Collection is a celebration of their discography of 42 years. So why the dark clouds and ominous background? That doesn't make sense to me. Why are Keren and Sara are standing in front of a storm dressed in outfits that remind you of Game Of Thrones. The lighting on their faces is too harsh for the dark background. I just don't understand the concept of the artwork for this compilation. Does anyone else get it?

I much preferred the styling of Viva and In Stereo covers.

I think they aiming to be like ~celestial beings~ but they look absolutely pissed off, but I haven’t liked one of their album covers since Drama so I’m not too bothered.

Now the tracklist is what was shocking to me. I get not wanting to rehash the 80s hits again but their legacy was not built on “Lovebite” and “Seventeen”.

I feel like the idea behind this probably changed numerous times and then London probably had some say, too. I would have liked a 2 disc Sara side / Keren side where they picked their favorites (without overlap obviously).

Anyway, I'm excited to see the book.

I'm not crazy about the artwork either and here is why ... The album is called Glorious and that sounds exciting. The Ultimate Collection is a celebration of their discography of 42 years. So why the dark clouds and ominous background? That doesn't make sense to me. Why are Keren and Sara are standing in front of a storm dressed in outfits that remind you of Game Of Thrones. The lighting on their faces is too harsh for the dark background. I just don't understand the concept of the artwork for this compilation. Does anyone else get it?

I much preferred the styling of Viva and In Stereo covers.
I see it as they are two celestial beings facing off infinity/heaven/great beyond, as in, Bananarama have reached immortality and this collection is their legacy of work for future generations.