Bananarama

So now the gigs in London are done and there are some festival appearances over summer - what's next for Bananarama? I'd quite like a covers album (we know this was originally the plan for Viva before they wrote some strong new material)... I know not everyone's cup of tea but what they have covered in recent years makes me think they'd bring the bops!

Atomic
Lost In Music
You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
Summer Night City

There's an EP already!

In a new interview with the Pet Shop Boys, they list a song that Bananarama rejected in 2009 called “One-Way Street.”

https://retropopmagazine.com/pet-sh...were-always-going-to-be-difficult-werent-they

However, rumour has it that Pet Shop Boys have been offering Bananarama other songs over the years. AGAIN, these are only rumours over the years.

In 1990, PSB offered Bananarama the U2 cover “Where The Streets Have No Names”, but they didn’t want to do a U2 cover.

In 1993, Bananarama were offered “Shameless” (b-side to “Go West”), but the Nanas didn’t like the lyrics, and they were without a label at the time. I’ve always found this rumour hard to believe. I seriously doubt that Neil and Chris thought that Sara and Keren would sing this. I think they might have been offered a song around this time, but I just don’t think it was “Shameless.” Their song “Too Many People” would have made a better offering, in my opinion.

In 2005, PSB offered them a song for the Drama album called “Party Song”, which ended up a b-side “Numb” by PSB in 2006. That song contains an interpolation of “That’s The Way I Like It.” I think this one might be the most true of the bunch, as I remember hearing of the offering before PSB released their version.

At least we have confirmation on “One-Way Street” … I think Sara and Keren were correct to say no to this song (and the above-mentioned songs) as none of them sound like Bananarama.

I hope one day they collaborate and write a song together.

In 1993, Bananarama were offered “Shameless” (b-side to “Go West”), but the Nanas didn’t like the lyrics, and they were without a label at the time. I’ve always found this rumour hard to believe. I seriously doubt that Neil and Chris thought that Sara and Keren would sing this. I think they might have been offered a song around this time, but I just don’t think it was “Shameless.” Their song “Too Many People” would have made a better offering, in my opinion.
If this offer was true and if we think about the lyrics of the song, it was really cruel on the part of the Pet Shop Boys.

I'd love them to carry on making new self written music. Their albums contain a few gems if not 100% perfect. I would prefer covers to just be bonus tracks etc. I love them to bits but have no need to ever hear recorded versions of Atomic or Spin me round, thank you very much.

Could somebody just clarify Glorious for me? Does anybody know which songs on the tracklist are album and single versions?
Disc 1

1. Really Saying Something (UK Single Version)
2. Cruel Summer
3. Robert De Niro's Waiting (7" Version)
4. Venus (Album Version)
5. More Than Physical (DJ Edit)
6. A Trick Of The Night (UK 7" Version)
7. I Heard A Rumour
8. Love In The First Degree
9. One Your Love (7" Version)
10. Preacher Man
11. I Could Be Persuaded
12. Movin' On (Disco Chic)
13. Last Thing On My Mind (Electrified)
14. Every Shade Of Blue
15. Take Me To Your Heart (Album Version)
16. Prove Your Love
17. If
18. Crazy
19. Move In My Direction
20. Look On The Floor

Disc 2:
1. Feel For You
2. Lovebite
3. Love Comes (Single Version)
4. Love Don't Live Here (Single Version)
5. Seventeen
6. Extraordinary
7. Baby It's Christmas
8. Now Or Never
9. La La Love
10. Stuff Like That (Single Version)
11. Looking For Someone (Single Version)
12. I'm On Fire
13. It's Gonna Be Alright
14. Favourite
15. Masquerade (Album Version)
16. Forever Young (Album Version)
17. Running With The Night (Single Version)
18. Cruel Summer 3am Mix
19. Feel The Love
20. Supernova

Both Masquerade and Forever Young had single versions that were played on Radio 2, but neither one has ever been commercially released.

Hope that helps.

Disc 1

1. Really Saying Something (UK Single Version)
2. Cruel Summer
3. Robert De Niro's Waiting (7" Version)
4. Venus (Album Version)
5. More Than Physical (DJ Edit)
6. A Trick Of The Night (UK 7" Version)
7. I Heard A Rumour
8. Love In The First Degree
9. One Your Love (7" Version)
10. Preacher Man
11. I Could Be Persuaded
12. Movin' On (Disco Chic)
13. Last Thing On My Mind (Electrified)
14. Every Shade Of Blue
15. Take Me To Your Heart (Album Version)
16. Prove Your Love
17. If
18. Crazy
19. Move In My Direction
20. Look On The Floor

Disc 2:
1. Feel For You
2. Lovebite
3. Love Comes (Single Version)
4. Love Don't Live Here (Single Version)
5. Seventeen
6. Extraordinary
7. Baby It's Christmas
8. Now Or Never
9. La La Love
10. Stuff Like That (Single Version)
11. Looking For Someone (Single Version)
12. I'm On Fire
13. It's Gonna Be Alright
14. Favourite
15. Masquerade (Album Version)
16. Forever Young (Album Version)
17. Running With The Night (Single Version)
18. Cruel Summer 3am Mix
19. Feel The Love
20. Supernova

Both Masquerade and Forever Young had single versions that were played on Radio 2, but neither one has ever been commercially released.

Hope that helps.
Fantastic thanks so much!