BANKS - III | The Popjustice Forum

BANKS - III

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Feb 16, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Well, this is BANKS, new, Los Angeles-based signee to IAMSOUND (home to Salem and Charli XCX if you didn't know). There isn't much information about her around, and currently only one photo, but the only official song she's released is getting a lot of buzz.

'Before I Ever Met You' was called "Portishead meets Fiona Apple" and that's definitely accurate. It's dark, it's pulsating, and it's phenomenal. I don't know much about this girl, but she's officially on my radar if this is the type of genius she's bringing to the table. She also has another track with Lil' Silvia that Annie Mac just premiered, called 'Work'. It's another very good track, a garage-y dance number.

Soundcloud here.

[video=youtube;xec1iZo6U4M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xec1iZo6U4M[/video]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  2. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

Seeing as so many of you really responded and enjoyed 'Before I Ever Met You' I figured I should come back and post about her new EP/single thing!!!!!!

It's just 'Before I Ever Met You' and a new song, but they're both impeccable. 'Fall Over' sounds like a darker, more pop leaning Erykah Badu song actually, and I love it. You can listen to it here, and here's the iTunes link.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  3. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

I bought the EP - love the two original tracks.

4. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

[video=youtube;5g_S9Vzp9Hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g_S9Vzp9Hs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Video for the (still) incredible 'Fall Over'. She's really hot.

5. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

Warm Water was released today and it's gorgeous. Produced by T.E.E.D, it makes for lovely, late night listening.

6. 3Xs

3Xs

Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

Before I Ever Met You is fantastic, wow.

7. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

[video=youtube;5dX_APaTSB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dX_APaTSB8[/video]

So everyone can listen, another fucking glorious song. Why isn't this girl getting more attention?

8. 3Xs

3Xs

^Okay now that's amazing! Love the R&B vibe.

9. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

[video=youtube;T8E3c__cTuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8E3c__cTuM[/video]

Might as well post this too because it's an absolute banger and also amazing.

10. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

Amazing.

11. 3Xs

3Xs

WORK is also great.

12. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

Warm Water is perfection. That chorus, oh man.

13. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

BANKS is everything I'd imagine MS MR would sound like, if MS MR weren't so shit.

...That was meant to be a compliment, somehow.

14. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

I fail to see how both acts are even comparable.

Everything between them is completely different.

15. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

She is AMAZING. The new track is my least fave, but still...

16. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

Detached female vocals over instrumentals that are vaguely trip hop sounding? I don't think they're that dissimilar at all.

17. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

The Rachel Stevens b-side???????

18. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

She's great! Warm Water is so incredible (and so is the Snakehips remix!!), one of my favourite tracks this year.

Waiting Game is nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.