BANKS - III | Page 119 | The Popjustice Forum

BANKS - III

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Banks has exactly 1 (one) bad song in my book, and this isn’t even close.

Bring on the album!

2. rdp

rdp

I'm not sure how I feel about the song yet but I stan how unashamedly ridiculous the video is.

3. It’s... fine? I echo that this is Jillian on autopilot, her past leads are all up there as some of her best work, so it’s a bit disappointing. We’ll wait and see how the album turns out, I guess.

Dr Pop likes this.
  4. Okay, I watched the video again, and I'm also getting a lot of Bedazzled teas
    [​IMG]

Mr_Matt and 4Roses like this.
  5. This video didn't really need a pretty boy young actor but anyway.

6. It looks like she’s properly independent after III now. This song’s being distributed by AWAL.

Dijah. and slaybellz like this.
  7. What is she saying before the first verse? All I’m hearing is “someway round my noony noo”.

Eskapism, eck and boombazookajoe like this.
  8. This post is funnier because of your Ginny Lemon avatar ddddd.

She’s saying “someone write my new name down.”

9. Gotta love BANKS. Mumbling Goddess.

Dijah., OlliMaus, sfmartin and 4 others like this.
  10. That video is ........... an experience.

Dijah., Mr_Matt and FINISH LINE like this.
  11. I'm not sure how I feel about the video and song but I can say I'm whelmed.

She still doesn't have a bad song to her name, except for Better and that horrendous duet we shall never ever speak of.

12. Upon repeated listens I can confidently say that this is a major whispery bop.

slaybellz and Coolrockgirl like this.
  13. This part has been stuck in my head since the teaser.

And yeah I feel like the video is supposed to be campy. Kinda like Fuck With Myself.

14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The video is a lot and the song does little for me. At least she'll always have some bangers, namely;

Beggin For Thread
    Waiting Game
    Gemini Feed
    This Is Not About Us
    F*** With Myself
    Gimme

Wishlight and eck like this.
  15. I have defended III and i still think it is a good record that houses some of her best material but this is just boring at this point.

Pink Frost, eck and nikkysan like this.
  16. My only issue with the song is it doesn't make me feel anything in particular? Banks' best music either leaves me sobbing in the corner or feeling like that bitch. This song... I don't know what it's trying to be accomplishing but it isn't either of those.

godspeed likes this.
  17. andohthedevilthatIknowIsbetterthanthedevilthatIdon't

[​IMG]

Wishlight, slaybellz, Dijah. and 2 others like this.
  18. Just watched the video, and couldn't get over seeing the camera filming her at 0:46 in the car's reflection. Completely killed the fantasy

19. I love the campy, b-movie vibe of the music video.

slaybellz and Tiger Suit like this.
  20. I love III, I'm not so keen on her second album.

Her debut is still a masterpiece.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.