BANKS - III | Page 120 | The Popjustice Forum

BANKS - III

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Feb 16, 2013.

1. How

2. What about her biggest banger though???

Still waiting for an album like this nn

4. I still remember being at her Glasgow show for The Altar in one of the front rows and us locking eyes as we rapped the second verse to each other. It was just a few seconds but It was a moment where I felt myself ascending to another plane of existence and connection with an artist.

5. [​IMG]

Wishlight and Marquis like this.
  6. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I'd have loved an album the follows the same framework as Underdog. Still recognisably her, but with a larger emphasis on big pop hooks and melodies. Not mad at all with what we got instead, but that single still feels like a weird bit of missed potential.

nooniebao, Jersey, Wishlight and 5 others like this.

7. It's a bit better to have... the whole footage.

slaybellz likes this.
  8. I'm still to this day a bit shook that Underdog was orphaned. That's, like, her second-best song ever and the lush, spacious, synthy soundscape of it felt like a great new direction for her. The missed opportunity, the disrespect!!!

I do think Propaganda is kind of a sister song though, and also amazing, so that's nice. But Jillian, sis.

nooniebao, Jersey, slaybellz and 5 others like this.
  9. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

Same with Crowded Places. I'm STILL mad that it wasn't included on anything.

nooniebao, sesita, sexercise and 3 others like this.
  10. I like that there are great songs that bridge the gaps between albums. I was hoping we'd get that this last time.

11. I'm still bitter that "Better" remains an orphaned single.

12. Do we know if The Devil is leading to anything, or?

slaybellz likes this.
  13. Think she mentioned on Instagram recently that it’s a stand alone release and she’s still in the studio writing + recording for the album. Might be tacked onto the album (who knows) but I don’t think she’ll release the album anytime soon. I’m guessing next year.

Mikal and slaybellz like this.
  14. I guess that we have this era's orphaned single then.

Mr_Matt, Mikal and slaybellz like this.
  15. “Propaganda” is a 10/10; one of the finest from III.

16. I can't save myself!!
    Mama, I need heeelp!!

Still hits.

17. III goes so hard. Love all her records, but that's my favorite.

Gemini, Mr_Matt and Marquis like this.
  18. Paradoxically, it's the BANKS album that I revisit least from start to finish but features three of my favourites from her - "Sawzall", "If We Were Made of Water", and "What About Love".

godspeed likes this.
  19. soft boi

Mikal likes this.
  20. Ugh what the hell? I thought everything was ready to go with her revealing the new logo and teasing what appears to be the album title in the music video for The Devil. What a disappointment.

OspreyQueen and D.Jay like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.