BANKS - III | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

BANKS - III

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

[video=youtube;naMvm2DUKiE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naMvm2DUKiE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

'This Is What It Feels Like' official video. It may just be a Garnier commercial, but I don't care because she is ridiculously gorgeous.

2. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

I was LITERALLY just thinking "I should make a thread for BANKS." Thought "No way PJ would ALREADY have a thread."
    I'm really glad I was wrong, and that I already see some familiar faces on the first page. You all have amazing taste.

I saw her live last week with The Weeknd and she was phenomenal. Seriously. This Is What It Feels Like was AMAZINGGGGG and I've had it on repeat ever since. She also did an incredible cover of Ex-Factor by Lauryn Hill. Just like....really, she's just amazing.

Excuse the fangirling.

3. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

She is my favorite artist of 2013.

4. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

I just heard "This is what it feels like" for the first time today and it's glorious.

Listening to her tracks on her channel, she seems to be the female version of The Weeknd, no? Not entirely but I can feel some similarities in sound.

5. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

She's a much better writer if you ask me.

6. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

'Waiting Game' is fast becoming one of the best things I've heard this year. The throbbing bass, the ghostly backing vocals, the sampled gasping/breathing sound in the background, the dropped pitch bits... EVERYTHING basically.

7. 3Xs

3Xs

Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

A better writer and a much better singer.

8. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

The London EP is so good. I hope she keeps working with TEED and Lil Silva.

Warm Water and Work are also amazing. All her songs so far are pretty good, aren't they?

9. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

I'm so into Banks, "Waiting Game" is stunning and among my top 10 songs of the year, the whole London EP is amazing, and the video for "This Is What It Feels Like" reminds me of Róisín Murphy's "You Know Me Better" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dBi_aYXjuE

10. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

The London EP is just lush. This Is What It Feels Like and Waiting Game are all kinds of perfect, especially the vocal production.

Not to mention, she's already managed to work with Sohn, Jamie Woon, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs and XXYYXX after only debuting earlier this year; incredible.

11. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

The "Warm Water" Snakehips remix has just drawn me in. Perfect timing, as I've only gotten around to listening to the Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs album recently.

12. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

She's worked with Sampha, too.

Her list of collaborators in impeccable.

13. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

BANKS quietly slaying faves all over.

14. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

So true. She's my favorite thing this year.

15. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

Warm Water is the best thing that she has done and Bedroom Wall is another highlight.

16. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

I am going to buy her London EP, it seems promising.

17. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

This slice of loveliness just appeared on BANKS' tumblr page.

[video=youtube;pk81763n-Sc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk81763n-Sc[/video]

18. Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

She freaking murder that cover, it's so gorgeous. I know that the BBC radio covers are produced and glossy, but it's nice to know that she sounds just as good live (maybe even better) than she does on record.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.