BANKS - III | Page 80 | The Popjustice Forum

BANKS - III

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Feb 16, 2013.

1. I love the picture itself, but I would've preferred it if the colours were the same ones she used for the Gimme cover.

2. I don't know, it's a little bland for me. I liked the Gimme cover better.

3. Ok but we need a date x

slaybellz likes this.
  4. July 12.

constantino, Jacques, Dijah. and 2 others like this.
  5. I thought this said "ok but we need to date". And I was gonna be like same! Same to your actual comment too.

I love the cover. It's gorgeous. And if it's actually coming July 12th i'm so glad she's not dragging this campaign out like all the other girls.

Kuhleezi likes this.
  6. Me, I am @Kuhleezi, the sapphic appropriation chanteuse.

slaybellz likes this.
  7. The cover seems a little casual, but it’s beautiful. Love the colors and the outfit.

slaybellz likes this.
  8. Would be perfect if the image was centred and only had the III at the bottom under her leg in a font like Didot, no Banks logo.

RainOnFire likes this.
  9. This feeling when you listen to Gimme on Spotify and next Song is Beggin For Thread... I'm sorry but this new song does nothing for me, Production is nice but hardly groundbreaking and the Lyrics are some of the blandest she's ever written. What I loved about Goddess was that it was one big mess of an album. There was this super stylish sound, but at the same time there was a vulnerable, volatile and sometimes even clumsy core to most of these tracks which made her stand apart from other artists who just came up with lots of stylish but totally exchangeable songs. Gimme is IMO exactly heading down that alley.

Speaking of exchangeable, I have no idea why one would choose such an inexpressive and meaningless photo to promote their art, their music. But I always hated Album Covers that looked like some pointless fashion or make-up photoshootings. As others have already pointed out, the new font is also nothing to write home about and I echo those who would've preferred her to stick to the old font. Might not be super stylish in 2019, but it definitely has recognition value, unlike the new one.

In conclusion, this new campaign doesn't shake my world thus far. Hope I'll like the next single.

10. I kinda love how even the album cover feels so 2006/2007 in the best way possible, fitting perfectly with the Timbaland/Blackout sound that Gimme has.

11. Guy

Guy

North American tour!

Kuhleezi, nooniebao, Island and 4 others like this.
  12. I'm pissed off that Atlanta's show is a festival date, because it means the setlist will probably be more local pandering and the staging will be different. Hopefully she goes on another leg later or I'll be going to Nashville

13. The last time I bought tickets for a concert before the album came out was for Marina and then THAT happened... I’m going to Vancouver for Jillian regardless!

14. What would a local pandering BANKS setlist even look like? Does she have any mainstream hits?

15. No, but I imagine it would be

Waiting Game
    Beggin for Thread
    Fuck With Myself
    Gemini Feed
    Mind Games
    Trainwreck
    Underdog
    Gimme
    + 2 other new songs

whereas the rest of the tour would be the whole new album

16. I can’t fucking believe she’s finally coming my way. I finally get to see one of my OG favorites, I’m a very happy camper today.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2019
    Dijah., Kuhleezi and slaybellz like this.
  17. Everyone forgets poor Drowning.

Dijah. and slaybellz like this.
  18. aux

aux

She is so incredible live, that I would snatch tickets again even if I knew zero of the new songs. I went to her show at the Apollo when she played there, and I've been a fan since. That night made me laminate my stan card.

Runawaywithme and Kuhleezi like this.
  19. Well I already know she's gonna pay Goddess dust so I probably won't be 100% satisfied with the setlist. But luckily the good sis can't write a bad song and she's grown so much as a performer so i'm excited for this.

20. Well her last festival performance was basically The Altar tour setlist so I’m imagining it will be the same for this festival date with this tour

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.