BANKS - III | Page 84 | The Popjustice Forum

BANKS - III

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Yeah, this did nothing for me, but Gimme still bops so it evens out.

2. I will not tolerate any shade toward 'Better's visceral rawness and grit.

'Look...' is definitely a grower, I definitely gave it the cock-eye at first, but it's really carved it's way into my head.

alejandrusco likes this.
  3. Jesus, her voice is very nice, why make it sound so robotic with that amount of autotune?

lob0to likes this.
  4. For effect.
    It's like with Lana Del Rey, Her voice sounds just fine when it's clear (like it is throughout her first album) but they just LOVE to add a reverb echo and make it sound like she's singing at the other end of a tunnel.

It wasn't done because her voice needs some sort of fix, they did it purposefully as an effect.
    I understand why someone would be mad at it, but, I dunno... It doesn't bother me (Until they put it on every song, then we'll talk)

alejandrusco likes this.
  5. Yeah, no, I totally get it but it seems unnecessary to me to add it throughout the entire song. I guess it's just a personal preference but I really like her clear voice.

6. The good ol' "repeated listens" tactic is really not working this time around. *starts to worry about album*

7. This is not good.

8. I...kinda like it.

I don't think she's 100% successful at what shes trying to pull off with the whole cacophony of sounds thing but I appreciate the attempt. It's disorientating but...nice.

Underdog and Crowded Places were so much stronger than this and Gimme though, so I'm a little bit bitter that they aren't our first taste of the album.

Vasilios likes this.
  9. I really like it, and maybe even more than "Gimme"...

Gemini, Ferk, Guy and 1 other person like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Moderator

It's very Grimes ffff.

11. Her music has always been distorted, bar a few songs. I think she has a beautiful voice, but she’s elsewhere with her music.

It’s not terrible, but I hope there’s something a bit more relaxed on the album.

12. I...can't make my mind up about this at all. The messy production certainly makes it unique, but yeah, it's a bit of a challenge to listen to. I'm a little concerned for the album now if this is what they considered second single material.

cabirian likes this.
  13. I love it ddddd

Guy and godspeed like this.
  14. This sounds like Me! on crack

15. METH!, if you will.

Jonathan27, Island, Rhombus and 20 others like this.
  16. This needs to be the new title for T*ylor's thread.

RUNAWAY likes this.
  17. How does one weird song in her discography make you worried for the album?

godspeed, alejandrusco, Ferk and 4 others like this.
  18. I don’t think I’ll make repeated listens of this one.

19. ...Yikes. I can hear her vocal chords scratching to escape her throat. Also why the hell did she think this should be 4 minutes?

Humanracin likes this.
  20. Mess.
    This sounds like some mutant hybrid of Nelly Furtado and Shania Twain...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.