BANKS - III | Page 95 | The Popjustice Forum

BANKS - III

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by DarkSacoura, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Jillian crafting track №10

[​IMG]

2. THE GROOVE AND THE BEAT AND THE HOOK IN ALASKA THO...

[​IMG]

superultra, MYCAL, RUNAWAY and 12 others like this.
  3. I think this is not for me. The vocal manipulation is excessive and insane, it gets tired around track 4 and it makes her voice sound so unpleasant, I can't.

lob0to and Yuri like this.
  4. So... Sawzall. What the fuck was she going for there? What a wet noodle in the middle of the record.

Assassin likes this.
  5. The Alaska / Propaganda double whammy in the later part of the album was lovely.

6. It’s my favorite track on the album. Guess I like my noodles wet.

alejandrusco, Ferk and johnoclock like this.
  7. Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy don’t go
    [​IMG]
    I found a letter from your friend he said you’re gone
    [​IMG]
    He said you were going to the mountain with most snow so long
    [​IMG]

8. Till Now still fucking slays me right till the very end.

Queen of not letting us breathe TRACK NUMERO UNO onwards and THEN leading into Gimme.

SHE DID THAT.

9. A mood tibbs.

boombazookajoe likes this.
  10. Whew the food debate of Random Thots is still going!

11. I tried with this earlier and had to turn it off after about 5 or 6 songs. I certainly didn't think it was bad, but it was simultaneously doing a bit tew much and yet not really giving me anything.

12. I listened to the album for the first time as background noise on my bus ride while I scrolled through Facebook and ignored the 14 summer camp kids that were crowding up my usually calm bus ride.

So some of the songs sort of bled together for me. I think with her typical mumbley vocals, I am just going to need to sit down and listen to this one song at a time while reading along with the lyrics for me to really vibe with this more. But, I don't hate it.

13. I think this one needs a lot of time. There’s so much going on and I don’t really get some of the tracks, but I’m sure it’s a grower.

There’s always so much emotion in everything she does. She really is one of my faves.

clean your wig fridge likes this.
  14. My one complaint is the vocal treatment. When she tries to belt, it becomes ear piercingly shrill.

Yuri likes this.
  15. The style she’s gone for kinda hides most of the melodies, with most of the focus on her vocals and claustrophic beats. I’m enjoying the vibe more than remembering much about what I’ve just listened to, sounds like a drag but I can imagine this being one that I come back to and keep a little bit more with me each time.

16. Still completely floored by this beautiful record! Y’all are wild with these lukewarm takes.

superultra, OlliMaus, MYCAL and 12 others like this.
  17. ‘You could put me in your pocket
    Wouldn’t you ~like that~?’

[​IMG]

18. I’m going to give it another try over the weekend but the first listen didn’t exactly inspire much anticipation, I’ll say that much.

19. This is album of the year material for me.

superultra, MYCAL, Meathook and 5 others like this.
  20. I CAN'T SAVE MYSELF MAMA I NEED HEEEEELP!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.