BANKS - Serpentina

it's amazing how you go from her first three albums to... that.
Yeah, i got into her way late and was proper obsessed and each new song drop for Serpentina made me less and less excited, and the album left me cold. It was so disappointing that it almost made me listen to her older songs in a different way, i don't know.

he / him

FqUttRdWcAE3dZb.jpg

I know we’re hopefully expecting new music soon but I just wanted to share the sheer brilliance Goddess is as an album. I’ve been going through some struggles of the heart and I’ve found myself being pulled back into her orbit so naturally. Every single song resonates so deeply. Every single intention comes through so well on each track. I forgot just how much I loved this album and I’m thankful for it so much in this moment.

Goddess and The Altar are truly stellar. I've been playing Fuck Them Only We Know a lot recently and there's something so... captivating. Both albums have a great range of exploring different genres\styles (or at least a great balance between devastating piano ballads and more uptempo synth music) which... maybe I've been missing from recent releases. I don't know.

I know we’re hopefully expecting new music soon but I just wanted to share the sheer brilliance Goddess is as an album. I’ve been going through some struggles of the heart and I’ve found myself being pulled back into her orbit so naturally. Every single song resonates so deeply. Every single intention comes through so well on each track. I forgot just how much I loved this album and I’m thankful for it so much in this moment.
It really got me through some tough times too, when it came. It’s so restrained yet bold in so many ways. The blueprint for a deep, dark and emotional alt-pop girl album.

What do BANKS' fans make of the track with Kim? I'm only a casual fan, but I do like it. Sounds more like a BANKS song than a Kim Petras' one.

he / him
What do BANKS' fans make of the track with Kim? I'm only a casual fan, but I do like it. Sounds more like a BANKS song than a Kim Petras' one.
It definitely sounds more like BANKS feat. Kim Petras than Kim Petras feat. BANKS. It was one of the better songs on Feed The Beast, but I probably won't return to it.