BANKS - Serpentina

Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

Saw her on Thursday in Bristol, and she was friggin' incredible. She played a couple songs from the upcoming album. 'Goddess' is massive. Her voice is just as good live as it is on record. I was a bit apprehensive of hearing 'Brain' live, cause she'd falsetto'd the chorus on the Live Lounge performances, which I found a little painful. But I was so happy when she belted it like her life depended on it.

Saw her on Thursday in Bristol, and she was friggin' incredible. She played a couple songs from the upcoming album. 'Goddess' is massive. Her voice is just as good live as it is on record. I was a bit apprehensive of hearing 'Brain' live, cause she'd falsetto'd the chorus on the Live Lounge performances, which I found a little painful. But I was so happy when she belted it like her life depended on it.

Ah! Could you tell us more about the new songs?

Ah! Could you tell us more about the new songs?

I was pretty drunk to be honest - but I think there was 3 new songs (she closed with one, which was strange, considering no one knew it).
Here is a video of Goddess though. Epic. [video=youtube;79S98PlodE4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79S98PlodE4[/video]

I discovered BANKS and her 'London' EP last night and I could almost feel the fabric of my life changing as I listened to it. 'Change' and her cover of In Your Eyes are my favourite of hers so far, though 'Goddess' sounds set to follow suit and be equally brilliant.

Also, I'm planning on going to Lovebox this year and I had a suspicion that I saw her name on the lineup, but she's booked for the Saturday! I love her and I'd love to see her, but unfortunately she'd be the only act I'd be interested in seeing that day (as the Friday lineup is far superior for me) and it seems a waste of time and money when I can go and see her tour instead. Imagine my disappointment when I discover she's on at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester and I'm working all day and night.

I came around to "Brain" in a big way this week. I don't know what it was.

Stick sounds incredible. My favourite between the two new live songs. Wonder if we will get any album news or single news soon...

Also got a ticket to see her in June! Tickets were only $17, an absolute steal.