BANKS - Serpentina

Re: BANKS - Before I Ever Met You + General Discussion

The artwork is stunning, I am so excited for this!

The single is gorgeous too, her production choices are always spot on. Although I hope there are some more explosive tracks on the album like 'Fall Over'. Everyone seems to forget about that song but it's my favourite of hers. If it isn't on the tracklist I will be superpissed.

ihQOyE1.png

Tracklisting, and you can pre-order the album now, and buy the track Goddess: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/goddess-deluxe-version/id866276916

HQ cover art: http://i.imgur.com/JaChwbi.jpg

he/him

I'm actually excited to have everything she's put out on one, official release. The 9 songs we have thus far are brilliant, so we already have one of 2014's strongest albums.

I also think this thread should be renamed to reflect the official album era.

Last edited:

The pre-order link is up on UK iTunes too with Goddess available as a single track now.

I don't mind the inclusion of the stand alone singles (given I don't actually own them), but I don't understand why she included the LONDON tracks, I always thought that was a strong effort on it's own.

'Goddess' is another A+ song. I swear, she cannot do wrong. How are her songs so melodic yet so raw?

Great album cover, her logo is so well designed.

I already pre-ordered a signed copy of the vinyl online! Bit of a splurge purchase but shipping wasn't too bad so whatever. Kinda disappointed that the tracks from London are on this though, as that felt like it's own body of work. Regardless, at least we'll be getting new songs and I'll finally be getting Banks on vinyl (even though September is forever and a day away...).

G

Guest member

Let's be realistic. As much as we love her music, she's not going to get a hit out of this. Therefore the album will not perform better in September than it would in June. Conclusion: the delay is absolutely pointless.

Let's be realistic. As much as we love her music, she's not going to get a hit out of this. Therefore the album will not perform better in September than it would in June. Conclusion: the delay is absolutely pointless.

Correct. It's absolutely pointless to delay it. Banks is not someone who will randomly blow up.

He/Him

I just started listening to her for the first time because of all the praise she was getting in this thread and my god, she is fucking fantastic! Normally not what I would listen to, but I absolutely love all her songs, especially Fall Over and Goddess...

Shall definitely buy the album!

I absolutely LOVE this girl. "Change" is her best song, who's with me? "Brain" is only slightly behind it. I love having all the EP tracks on the album, but I somehow wish she hadn't added them so we got more new songs. I'm not complaining, though, as they're all really good.

Totally agree.

She should just release it while she's on tour. Seems pointless waiting so long but what can we do.

Depending on how the tracklisting flows, I might just take out the 5 EP tracks to keep London and Goddess separate entities. It is nice having those songs on vinyl however since the London vinyl sold out so quickly (though I have it on CD). Poor Bedroom Wall got shafted to bonus track status so I'm thinking those songs are included for a more specific reason.

I want to know producer credits!

Goddess is sublime. Can't stop listening to Brain recently, however. There's something truly magnificent with that song, it doesn't sound like anything else.

Bow down to BANKS.