Bastille - ‘Doom Days’ & ‘Other People’s Heartache Pt. 4’ | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Bastille - ‘Doom Days’ & ‘Other People’s Heartache Pt. 4’

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Mar 27, 2018.

1. I really love Doom Days, but I find that for every great song they make, there's about seven others that are totally forgettable. I'm kinda perched for the album but also not getting my hopes up.

2. Perched for this, this doesn‘t really fit the Doom Days theme optically... so we‘ll see.

3. Album is out June 14th.

They said the album is super dark but ends on Joy being an uplifting song to provide hope.

I like Joy but Doom Days had me more excited for whats to come.

drewsky likes this.
  4. I like the deluxe CD set on their web store but it doesn't contain a description of everything that comes with it

5. Joy is a fantastic little pop song and is very solid, the production and vocals on it are strong. And only a 6-week wait for the album? Brilliant!

6. An incredible little bop.

7. Sam

Sam

[​IMG]

Super into the album artwork. And also the fact they’ve reined in the album length with an 11 track affair. Hope it’s concise and effective. Joy’s a cute girl

8. Oh. So Doom Days was just a promo song affair?

Joy is really good, but part of the melody is very reminiscent of Way Beyond Me. Which isn't a problem, as I really like that.

Sam likes this.
  9. Joy is a bop.

sinner, Sam and GRMusic like this.
  10. Sam

Sam

Ugh, the title track is so good. Joy is a bit too reminiscent of their past work for me after a few more listens. Hoping for more tracks in the vein of Doom Days

11. I think the album is meant to be quite dark, as they plonked Joy on at the end to lighten the mood apparently.

12. That's much better than Joy.

13. That's really great. I've liked everything I've heard so far - "Doom Days" being my fave and "Quarter Past Midnight" being my least. I'm really excited to listen to the whole thing in its entirety.

14. Joy slaps, Those Nights is great and Doom Days is one of the best things they've written. Renewed my Stan card, I'm perched.

Cundy likes this.
  15. I'm absolutely loving this album! Grabbed the Target edition with 2 bonus tracks. Not a bad song.

16. 2014

2014 Moderator

This is a very strong album, I didn't realise how much I missed them.

aboutyounow likes this.
  17. Nocturnal Creatures is THAT girl. My god.

DJBenW likes this.
  18. Loving this album too, they never disappoint, though I don’t deem the album very “apocalyptic” like the band were teasing us with months back / last summer. Was expecting some heavier sounds. I feel as though Wide World sounded more apocalyptic due to the soundscape, the themes of death & time running out and those radio announcer vocal effects. Anyway, Bad Decisions, Nocturnal Creatures and Million Pieces are my initial favourites, but every song is top notch.

#3 in the midweeks due to Madonna and Bruce Springsteen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.