Bastille - ‘Doom Days’ & ‘Other People’s Heartache Pt. 4’ | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Bastille - ‘Doom Days’ & ‘Other People’s Heartache Pt. 4’

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Sam, Mar 27, 2018.

1. This album is really good. They're 3/3 for me now. There's nothing as instant as The Currents or Pompei, but I'd say it's probably my album of the year so far. Have to see if Two Door Cinema Club can knock them off that perch next week! (Incidentally, has anyone heard the three singles released from it so far? Dirty Air and Talk go-the-fuck-off).

I'm assuming Bastille are number 3 in the charts because streaming has yet to be added? That could change by Friday, although I doubt they'll get number 1.

2. This album is...not it. Frankly, it reminds me of Love + Fear with the way it hinges itself on one specific concept and then says almost nothing of note about it. I honestly lost track of how many times they recycled partying/nightlife as a metaphor for the state of the world.

3. Oh who cares about the concept and metaphors? The songs are really good, that's all I'm bothered about.

Dennis likes this.
  4. The concept and metaphors are.........part of the songs though??? If you can disregard the lyrics then sure, I won’t tell you how to listen. But don’t act like my issues with them are invalid - they remain a major component of the album even if you’re not interested in them personally.

5. Hmm...I just wonder if albums such as this and Marina's latest effort would be judged so of they didn't have some half-baked concept attached to them. People would be free to listen to the songs on their own terms in that case, rather than judging them against the "concept".

6. Joy and Pompeii at BBC Maida Vale:

Cundy likes this.
  7. How does one get their hands on Other People's Heartache Parts 1-3?

8. aux

aux

Part 3 is on streaming. Segments of Parts 1 and 2 are part of All This Bad Blood’s second disc if I’m not mistaken.

Sam and jawow_ like this.
  9. If you meant on vinyl, be prepared to spend large amounts of money for III & IV. No format release of this type for I & II.

10. aux

aux

Part four is literally being sold for £12.99 on Discogs. Part three is slightly rarer, but it's at £40, which isn't insane amounts of money.

11. Really? That's good. III has been a glaring gap in my collection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.