Bat for Lashes - The Dream of Delphi (6th Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Bat for Lashes - The Dream of Delphi (6th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by eddy2375, Aug 10, 2022.

1. She's been collating a Spotify playlist of her influences for the album -

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  2. That influences playlist... consider me very perched for this.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  3. Laura was a gorgeous album so I'm excited to hear this one.

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  4. The title named after her child? I desire that LA new age witch mother Ray of Light-in-Lauren Canyon masterpiece, queen.

Trouble in Paradise and Isobel like this.
  5. I guess you meant The Haunted Man.

6. I would like another 80s inspired masterpiece.

sinner likes this.
  7. oops, yep!

Trouble in Paradise likes this.
  8. This playlist has me more excited (esp given how much I didn’t click with Lost Girls) Moses Sumney is a great reference for Ms Khan. Would love to see her return to the soundscapes of her earlier career and the Haunted Man. Lilies remains one of her finest moments and I know she has more like it in her

godspeed and Isobel like this.
  9. I enjoyed Lost Girls a fair amount but I'm also glad she seems to be moving away from that sound palette this time around. The spooky '80s sci-fi thing has gotten so played out these days. I welcome back a more ethereal vibe, "Lilies" is a great reference point among her own work. Also loving Beverly Glenn-Copeland as an influence.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    Trouble in Paradise and godspeed like this.
  10. Whoops, thanks for the flag! With that said, it was a pleasant surprise to learn of Natasha's fandom for Electric Youth (three of their tracks made the "Vampire bitch" playlist).

I am totally here for the film score/soundtrack tracks on The Dream of Delphi playlist - these are two of my favourite pieces of music of the last few years:

Trouble in Paradise and Isobel like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.