Bat for Lashes - The Dream of Delphi

b4057bd96f6d30cb126062f3fdbef3cd8099fbf3.pnj

7e5ced66d7863808bed47253e4b3388fca1d81f5.gif

Liz Fraser (and then Massive Attack feat. Liz Fraser) wasn't the most off description, turns out, it's absolutely breathtaking. And it's co-written with Mary Lattimore, of all people.
(I wasn't going to mention that the song I was most immediately reminded of was Find Home by Green-House but then I saw she's actually cited them in that inspiration-playlist on the first page, so there, I guess)

She/Her
b4057bd96f6d30cb126062f3fdbef3cd8099fbf3.pnj

7e5ced66d7863808bed47253e4b3388fca1d81f5.gif

Liz Fraser (and then Massive Attack feat. Liz Fraser) wasn't the most off description, turns out, it's absolutely breathtaking. And it's co-written with Mary Lattimore, of all people.
(I wasn't going to mention that the song I was most immediately reminded of was Find Home by Green-House but then I saw she's actually cited them in that inspiration-playlist on the first page, so there, I guess)

The cover is great but that font is horrible.

This is really nice. The production being a bit like the start of a Sega Mega drive game is a vibe and it feels like a nice introduction into this soundscape. More of this please Ms Lashes.

Lord, Dream Of Delphi sounds like a straight up sample of Björk's 'Immature'. Not that I'm complaining, though - both are beautiful.

"Letter To My Daughter" is now out. Another gorgeous vignette.

Admittedly I haven't really returned to the last two albums much (maybe I should revisit them!), but I'm feeling pretty, uh, radically optimistic about this one based on the first two singles.

Lost Girls is a solid record but yeah it doesn't have the same punch as her earlier work. I'll be honest and say The Bride didn't do much for me on release but as I've gotten older and experienced life accordingly, I have come to truly appreciate it. She truly was in her mastermind game creating that one.