Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by BTG, Jul 20, 2013.

1. He'll be fine. His name was thrown around for possible director of the "Justice League" movie. DC is looking to reboot the Batman franchise. Does this mean Ben will be Batman for the foreseeable future?! They're going for an older Batman for this, but my god, he'd be almost 50 by the time the standalone Batman films start up again.

I wonder who the villains in this will be. I hope we don't get another Anne Hathaway or Mila Kunis.

I see someone mentioning Lois, what about Vicki Vale? This film is going to be heavily based on "The Dark Knight Returns." I have to check that out again.

2. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Oh "joy", Lex Luthor to be in the sequel, played by Bryan "suddenly everyone loves me because I'm in Breaking Bored" Cranston.

It feels like this is going to be a rather messy film.

3. I'm very happy with that casting too!

4. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Guest

Not bothered with the casting, but I remember saying after I left Man Of Steel "I hope if they do another one they don't put Lex bloody Luthor in it." I think he's a rubbish character.

5. I am so unbelievably not here for this. Man of Steel was very good (not amazing) and most crucially, was promising. I was so ready for The Amazing Second Film In Superhero Series ala Spiderman 2, The Dark Knight, X Men 2. It could've been amazing. Lots of Lois. Now it's such a mess. Batman is done you know?? We've just had an amazing Batman trilogy, we don't need him any more. Let us have a brilliant Superman film! It sounds ridiculous but I'm seriously so upset that this is happening. I think the most upsetting thing is thinking what could've been if Superman could've had his own sequel.

6. Bryan Cranston is an amazing actor - great choice

7. duckface

duckface Guest

Has the Cranston casting news been published anywhere but The Mirror?

8. Are people just speculating that its Brian Cranston because he is (sometimes) bald?

9. duckface

duckface Guest

It seems like it. I've scoured the internet but it all appears to be gossip.
    But some comics/geek bloggers have been tweeting about it as fact, so it may be something.

I think he'd be an interesting take on Lex, although I am kind of bored of the character. A Wayne/Luthor rivalry seems more like a Justice League subplot than something to hook a Superman movie on.

I'd prefer more Lois and something different, like Brainiac (although I suppose that's sort of almost been done in Man Of Steel) or even something funky. Remember when Superman would have adventures in space?

10. If Michael Keaton is happy with Ben Affleck then I am.

11. duckface

duckface Guest

Three actresses testing for "female lead" that everyone is saying is Wonder Woman.

Except it isn't Wonder Woman. Because:

a) it's the female lead, and if that is Wonder Woman, why isn't this movie called "Justice League"?
    b) the actresses are all of different backgrounds (Ukrainian, Cambodian, Israeli). They'd be more specific than "exotic" for a Greek Amazon warrior.

My bet is it's Sasha Bordeaux. In the comics, she's both an old flame of Bruce Wayne and affiliated with a superhero-monitoring government agency. I think that kind of storyline is what Man Of Steel's ending was hinting at, really. Plus, she's a bit ethnically ambiguous and could therefore be played by pretty much anyone.

12. When has exotic (in Hollywood) meant anything other than 'dark haired'. If they asked for 'Greek' actress that would severely limit their options. The story is also on Variety, which suggests it has some credence to it.

13. duckface

duckface Guest

Good Lord, these rumored actors for Nightwing are awful. Adam Driver (Girls), Ezra Miller (The Perks of Being a Wallflower), and Penn Badgley (Gossip Girl).

He's supposed to be a charming, handsome, slightly goofy, optimistic gymnast. These guys are all sad, gaunt hipsters. Badgley is the best pick of the lot, but I don't think he's tall enough.

14. Anyone but Gaptooth Badgley!

If those really are their top picks, they are definitely after a specific look. I just hope the Batman angle doesn't completely take over this movie.

15. I can appreciate why Warners are making this a Superman/Batman film rather than a Man of Steel sequel (in order to make Avengers style moolah and prepare Thor/Iron Man-sized spin-offs) but, why on earth, do we need Nightwing in this...?

16. duckface

duckface Guest

How dare you question the presence of Nightwing! If Batman is 'old and tired' in this one, it makes sense that he already has sidekicks. I hope Oracle shows up too.

But I really would have preferred a straight Man of Steel sequel. He isn't really "Superman" yet, and I don't like this New 52 bullshit of putting the Justice League together with an emo, angry Superman.

17. duckface

duckface Guest

duckface was wrong. Gal Gadot is playing Wonder Woman and the world is ending.

Story.

18. Why you so opposed Duck? She looks the part is sexy den a mutha. I think it's good they went with someone who is essentially unknown. Well not unknown, but not a super famous, established A-Lister.

19. duckface

duckface Guest

Considering the supposed high risk of woman-led action movies, I'm not sure why WB would want to go with some Fast & Furious D-Lister no one's ever heard of instead of a name actress. Not to mention, she looks scrawny and is pretty typical-looking in terms of Hollywood beauties.

Wonder Woman is supposed to have a very unique, exotic look (she's often referred to in the comics as 'the most beautiful woman in the world', which totes makes me proud as a Greek). Gal Gadot is gorgeous but looks like your standard Loaded magazine cover model.

Not to mention, she hasn't exactly made waves as a good actress. Even Henry Cavill had a decent resume (Woody Allen film, check!).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.