Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by BTG, Jul 20, 2013.

1. duckface

duckface Guest

Jesse Eisenberg is Lex Luthor.
    Jeremy Irons is Alfred.

This film is a walking disaster.

2. Blergh. I didn't think I could get any less excited.

3. duckface

duckface Guest

Seriously. I have always been a major DC fan, but I can't even feign excitement about its movies. They just take themselves too seriously.

4. Ok, so they wanted Joaquin Phoenix and they got... Jesse Eisenberg.

Urgh. Just urgh.

5. Much like their generally horrible New 52 line.

6. I think Jesse is inspired casting and - controversial - the only bit of casting so far that I think will work really well.

Ben Afflect as Batman still horrifies me, but to be fair...I was horrified when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker. I horrify easily.

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I wish they'd made a Superman movie with the Smallville cast. Even a TV movie would have been good. It wouldn't even have to be too tied to the continuity of the series, just tell a decent story with a ready-made cast.

8. duckface

duckface Guest

There's the Smallville comic, at least. I've only read a few random issues but in all honesty it's better than any of the New 52 Superman stuff DC has been putting out. Thanks to Bryan Q. Miller; he wrote the amazing Batgirl series starring Stephanie Brown.

9. Funnily enough, I was just watching the DC Animated Flashpoint movie. It's utterly horrible. Grim, needlessly violent and just depressing.

The DC People should have their heads knocked together and be forced to watch Thor 2 and makes notes until they get it.

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Yeah, I get that monthly. I'm about 8 months behind with reading it, but it's very good.

(I think I'm going to quit the UK Justice League and Batman reprints as they're boring me now.)

11. Lois is just as important to Superman as Superman himself. Thank goodness for the forthcoming one shot. I'll buy it.

12. duckface

duckface Guest

They've even made Nightwing, Batgirl, and Supergirl grim. It fucking sucks.

I agree. But tell that to DC Comics.

13. Really? Pretty much all of the animated DC movies are fantastic, and only highlight that DC are looking in all the wrong places for the talent to drive their movies, considering they have such a wealth of great people already making movies for them!

14. I've liked most of the DC movies (The New Frontier in particular is amazing) but Flashpoint is just depressing.

15. duckface

duckface Guest

They're all pretty good but I have zero interest in watching The Flashpoint Paradox or War, both of which are just adaptations of 'meh' storylines. Also, what the fuck is going on with Wonder Woman's costume?

[​IMG]

I suppose it's good her boobs aren't about to fall out (as is the norm) but she looks like she's on Team USA at the Olympics.

16. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Oh, I don't like that look for her either. DC need to use Batman The Animated Series as a template for the tone and quality they should be aiming for with their animated movies.

Do you think we'll see Harley Quinn in a live action movie any time soon? I'd love Dianna Agron to play her. As well as the fact that she's already played someone called Quinn, she'd suit the role to a T.

17. duckface

duckface Guest

Hmm. I think the character of Quinn is perfect for it, being a chameleon/sociopath and all. But I don't think Dianna Agron is a very good actress, to be honest. Harley don't speak in no snide monotone!

18. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I reckon she could pull it off. My favourite version of the character is the Animated Series one though!

19. I'm not a huge fan of Harley Quinn and I'm gratified to see fans beginning to go off her. "He's not my Mister J anymore," is a good indication that the writers have decided to end her forced pairing with The Joker. He's scarier without her. I'm also delighted to see The Riddler getting a revamp in the comics - he has been forced into a corner as a joke character for too long. He's better than that.

And WB will not kill off the character Amy Adams plays - she's getting awards and nominations right, left and centre. She gave that Superman movie a lot of dramatic weight.

20. duckface

duckface Guest

Fans going off Harley Quinn? She's just been given her own series.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.