Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by BTG, Jul 20, 2013.

1. I was browsing YouTube via my phone for hints and tips on Arkham City, and it was overwhelming hatred. I know she's popular, I like her too, but I don't like the way she has been crowbarred into every single storyline with The Joker. I prefer him as a lone wolf, so to speak.

2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I don't like the current version of her with the pigtails. Much prefer her in the jester outfit. I'm not a fan of the way DC like to put their characters in "normal person clothes" so often. It would have worked well in a Nolan movie though.

3. I'd love to see The Joker as portrayed in the style of Death of the Family. He was scary as fuck!

4. I love Harley Quinn. Way more than The Joker.

5. The original Bruce Timm version as seen in the animated series and the the comics was a fantastic character, definitely one of the greatest comic book characters invented in the last 20+ years. Since the reboot/her Arkham makeover she's just lost it for me.

6. The Batman Animated series is a flawless classic television show. I can still watch it and enjoy the class and quality. Perchance To Dream is astonishing for a so-called 'cartoon' show. Heat of Ice and The Clock King are brilliant bits of mini-drama. I love them. I wish series 3/4 would be released in the UK.

7. Harley Quinn is amazing, I'd love to see her in a decent Batman film someday.

8. duckface

duckface Guest

Remember when Madonna-as-Harley almost happened?

Thank fuck it didn't.

9. Yeah it was a real joy going through the boxsets as an adult after having loved it as a child and taped-off-the-tv as much as I could. I'm a massive comics fan to this day and it still remains untouchable.

10. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I hope it's better than Man Of Steel anyway.

11. I think they are moving too quickly.

Marvel got it right by having solo movies for each character to introduce them to the world. Here we have Superman and Batman and that's if they are counting Nolan's Batman as canon.

I know Wonder Woman is in Superman 2 but how much of her will we see. That leaves Green Lantern (I'm assuming they are pretending that awful film never happened), Flash Gordon and the others all to be introduced.

It all sounds a bit shit.

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

Flash Gordon? I think you're thinking of Defenders of the Earth (Defenders!).

You're not wrong, though. I hope the Superman / Batman movie is mostly a two-hander, with a few cameos. Wonder Woman's could very well end up being scene-stealing, but it shouldn't dominate the movie.

13. I think you mean the Flash. Like Quicksilver with an even more ridiculous costume.

I can't see the Flash appearing, since he'll be in his own TV show soon.

14. duckface

duckface Guest

Moving too quickly? One film every three years is not too quickly in my book.
    Regardless, I'm not very excited about this for some reason (and I'm generally 'a DC person').

15. I can see it being really grainy with washed-out colours on the costumes and a general lack of humour.

16. duckface

duckface Guest

I'm sorry, did you just refer to The Flash as "like Quicksilver, but..."? What kind of heresy. It's the fucking Flash. Quicksilver is just one of Marvel's many imitation heroes.

17. Whoops where did I get Flash Gordon from? Did I make this name up?

18. LTG

LTG

[video=youtube_share;MS4_Z84-rRE]http://youtu.be/MS4_Z84-rRE[/video]

19. I was being sarcastic. I do love a bit of Barry Allen.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.