Becky Hill - General Discussion | Page 24 | The Popjustice Forum

Becky Hill - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by salmonandmash, Jul 25, 2013.

1. I love how she's still active today through what feels like sheer force of will. She deserves to be much bigger of course, but she's got a lot of collab hits, a really strong solo catalogue and even a (slightly scammed) top 40 album. Not too shabby for a Voice UK contestant from 2012.

stuaw, Superloves, acl and 6 others like this.
  2. It's worth noting the album hasn't left the top 100 since release either and has been back in the top 40 the last two weeks. She might even snatch a certification for it at some point this year.

Better Off Without You is doing good (for Becky) as well, Flopify just needs to catch up and she may well have a hit on her hands. I think it might go top 40 this week which would be a first for a solo track.

Better Off without You

iTunes:
    #15 Bolivia
    #20 United Kingdom
    #75 Ireland

Spotify:
    #88 Ireland
    #107 United Kingdom
    Apple Music:

#32 United Kingdom
    #40 Ireland
    #136 Lithuania
    #153 Malta
    #376 Norway
    #404 Finland
    #459 Germany

3. ‘Only You’ has randomly gone top 40 on iTunes, is this being used in an advert or something? How odd.

4. Love Island last night, so just a one off I'm afraid.
    Was really odd bc I haven't listened to this since the day it came out, but I played it about 9.55 just before Love Island started, was SHOOK to hear it again just a few minutes later!

Deleted member 2097 likes this.
  5. Sales for the album according to BuzzJack

1991 likes this.

6. Pre-sale also confirms a proper debut album is also coming!!

7. “Lots of u we’re sad” is killing me.

nooniebao and OspreyQueen like this.
  8. There is NO apostrophe in the tweet I will not stand for this slander Vas

stuaw and Island like this.
  9. I can’t wait for the album to be pushed back until 2022

10. Yessss. Perched for a whole new swathe of near-hits by then.

11. Becky and Kathleen better give us proper albums this year.

12. The song actually might become a hit for her. Playlisted on both Radio 1 + 2 this week and it's been climbing about 10 spots a day on Spotify. She went from around #30 to #13 on Hot Hits UK playlist. Seems like the onslaught of Back and Forth, I Could Get Used To This, Wish You Well and Lose Control in 2019 has the paved the way to her solo stuff being embraced.

iTunes:
    #31 United Kingdom
    Spotify:
    #60 United Kingdom
    Apple Music:
    #15 United Kingdom

Matty_up, OspreyQueen, DMDR and 3 others like this.
  13. UK stats for Better Off Without You, it's at 25 in the mids. It's making decent climbs on Spotify everyday at the moment. B-Listed on Radio 1, A-Listed on Radio 2 and Capital are spinning it pretty regularly. Another week or so and it should go top 20, potentially low top 10 if the stars align.

iTunes:
    #9 United Kingdom
    Spotify:
    #34 United Kingdom
    Apple Music:
    #16 United Kingdom

FINISH LINE, Eric17, Maneck and 2 others like this.
  14. I know Better Off Without You is generic and abit ‘mega mix’ sounding, but what a tune. Feel like this will be a hit for sure.
    Surprisingly Lose Control is my least favorite thing she’s released recently.

Txetxu likes this.
  15. ‘Only You’ is a beautiful cover. Stunning voice.

Eric17 and JORDAN like this.
    nooniebao and Eric17 like this.
  17. Her acoustic versions of her dance collaborations are always gorgeous. One of the best voices in pop right now.

Eric17, acl, 2014 and 2 others like this.
  18. Her song with MEDUZA is a smash here in Brazil. It plays at every (straight) party. The success of Piece Of Your Heart helped, obviously.

So glad for her, have loved Becky from day one.

nooniebao likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.