Belinda Carlisle singles rate (We have a WINNER!)

do4d1g.jpg

Welcome to the amazing Belinda Carlisle rate! Please rate each of the following songs on a 0-10 scale (no half points) and PM them to me no later than Saturday, May 24, at 11:59pm Eastern time (May 25 at 3:59am GMT). The reveal will begin May 25 or 26, depending on how much work I have to do...

Mad About You
I Feel the Magic
Band of Gold
Since You've Gone
Dancing in the City
Heaven Is a Place on Earth
I Get Weak
Circle in the Sand
I Feel Free
World Without You
Love Never Dies
Leave a Light On
La Luna
Summer Rain
Runaway Horses
Vision of You
(We Want) The Same Thing (Summer Remix)
Vision of You ’91
Live Your Life Be Free
Do You Feel Like I Feel?
Half the World
I Plead Insanity [epilepsy warning]
Little Black Book
Big Scary Animal
Lay Down Your Arms
In Too Deep
Always Breaking My Heart
Love in the Key of C
California
I Won’t Say (I’m in Love)
All God’s Children
I Still Love Him
Sun
Goodbye Just Go

Feel free to send in comments as well, and I'll compile them into the reveals.

Last edited:
Re: Belinda Carlisle singles rate (votes due May 24)

THE RESULTS:

34. Band of Gold / 4.133
33. I Feel the Magic / 4.367
32. Since You’ve Gone / 4.400

T30. Dancing in the City / 4.964
T30. I Still Love Him / 4.964
29. Love Never Dies / 5.100
28. Love in the Key of C / 5.594
27. Goodbye Just Go / 5.821
26. I Feel Free / 6.200
25. Mad About You / 6.233
24. California / 6.281
23. I Won't Say (I'm in Love) / 6.733
22. Sun / 6.767
21. In Too Deep / 7.000

20. World Without You / 7.031
19. Half the World / 7.094
18. Vision of You '91 / 7.167
T16. Circle in the Sand / 7.313
T16. Always Breaking My Heart / 7.313
15. Vision of You / 7.375
14. All God's Children / 7.567
13. Little Black Book / 7.594
12. Big Scary Animal / 7.625
11. Lay Down Your Arms / 7.781

T9. La Luna / 7.938
T9. Live Your Live Be Free / 7.938
8. I Get Weak / 8.156
7. I Plead Insanity / 8.250
6. Do You Feel Like I Feel? / 8.438
5. Runaway Horses / 8.594
4. Heaven Is a Place on Earth / 8.656
3. Leave a Light On / 9.094
2. (We Want) The Same Thing / 9.156
1. Summer Rain / 9.313

Download spreadsheet and commentary

Last edited:

YASSS. So many good rates on here lately. I still hammer her greatest hits album all the time.

A&E

they&she

Oh I'll definitely be taking part in this!

D

Deleted member 312

I've been waiting for this one!

Im definitely going to vote in this but will wait till my days off on Thursday and Friday to give it my full attention.

Prepping to vote now... Dancing in the City is new to me, was it on the Belinda album??

Are we not counting Prayer For Everyone? (and actually I Plead Insanity) Was promo only like I Stil Love Him.

Vision Of You - are we solely going on the '91 remix?

So looking forward to seeing her on Saturday - Have been a fan since 1996 (In Too Deep was the first single I bought) yes this will be the first time I'm off to see her live!

A&E

they&she

Prepping to vote now... Dancing in the City is new to me, was it on the Belinda album??
I think "Dancing in the City" was on a soundtrack... RYM tells me it was a single in Italy.

Last edited:

Ah, OK. Was confused as the YouTube video has the cover of her first LP.

In the end, three 10s given out, all to tracks from the same album, which was no real surprise to me.

Are we not counting Prayer For Everyone? (and actually I Plead Insanity) Was promo only like I Stil Love Him.

Vision Of You - are we solely going on the '91 remix?

So looking forward to seeing her on Saturday - Have been a fan since 1996 (In Too Deep was the first single I bought) yes this will be the first time I'm off to see her live!

Hmm. I included I Still Love Him because it was a single in the UK, and it looked like A Prayer for Everyone was only a single in Sweden. Similarly with Remember September - the only single on Discogs is a 12" of dance mixes. I've never heard of I Plead Insanity being a single, but if it was I'm quite delighted as it's one of my favorites off Live Your Life Be Free. And yes, it's just the remix of Vision of You. It looked to me like that was the only version released as a single, and I figured that even if it wasn't, this rate did not need two versions of the same song.

I always assumed I Plead Insanity was just a major flop. It was on her first Best Of and the significant gap in time between Half the World and Little Black Book charting looks like it would've accommodated another single.

Hmm. I included I Still Love Him because it was a single in the UK, and it looked like A Prayer for Everyone was only a single in Sweden. Similarly with Remember September - the only single on Discogs is a 12" of dance mixes. I've never heard of I Plead Insanity being a single, but if it was I'm quite delighted as it's one of my favorites off Live Your Life Be Free. And yes, it's just the remix of Vision of You. It looked to me like that was the only version released as a single, and I figured that even if it wasn't, this rate did not need two versions of the same song.

The 91 remix charted 30 places lower than the original version!

You may be thrilled to know that there was a whole video done for I Plead Insanity! On the LYLBF re issue

Last edited:

Apparently I am a mess.

I'll add them to the list, along with "Since You've Gone" (which Wikipedia says was a promo single in the UK and US), but for anyone who's already sent in their votes, you don't need to send votes for them if you don't want to.

Last edited:

Apparently I am a mess.

I'll add them to the list, along with "Since You've Gone" (which Wikipedia says was a promo single in the UK and US), but for anyone who's already sent in their votes, you don't need to send votes for them if you don't want to.

Sorry, didn't mean to come across as rude! The '91 remix is actually better than the original version.