Belinda Carlisle | Page 159 | The Popjustice Forum

Belinda Carlisle

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Deleted member 312, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Well Belegenda Carslayle totally slayed The Gays at a packed out RVT tonight.

Looking and sounding amazing, Belinda did a set at the end of a birthday fundraiser for the Animal People Alliance (including Live Your Life Be Free, (We Want) The Same Thing, Runaway Horses, Leave a Light On, I Get Weak, Heaven Is A Place On Earth)

Over £40k was raised - somebody bid £3,800 to sing Summer Rain on stage with Belinda.

Lady Colin Campbell was also there!

2. Sounds like quite a night! That setlist is pop perfection.

MilesAngel likes this.
  3. I saw her at the Let’s Rock event here and she was very good. Same set list except for she did Circle In The Sand instead of Runaway Horses.

MilesAngel likes this.
  4. I always wish I could like Circle In The Sand more than I could. It's one my of least favourites of from the classic era of 87-91 of hers.

Hudweiser, tylerc and phoenix123 like this.
  5. The event I was at, other than Heaven, it had the loudest singalong and reception.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    MilesAngel and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  6. Same, and it's my mother's favorite so I heard it a lot growing up. Definitely weaker than the entirety of Runaway Horses, and probably just outside my Top 5 from Heaven.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  7. Talking of mums mine’s top 3 would be Leave A Light On, Circle In The Sand and La Luna. I heard these a lot in the house growing up.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  8. I think La Luna is quite underrated.

9. 100%

It's exceptional. That chorus is incredible.

10. What? Nooo. It was always my favourite as a kid. The album was my first album I owned on cassette and I adored it.

11. Circle In The Sand is in my Top 5 Belinda. Everything about it is so evocative of time and place.

Love La Luna as well, which is such a bittersweetly romantic song.

Txetxu, AbSynth, Rooneyboy and 2 others like this.
  12. La Luna was massive in Greece luckily. Whenever we have a full moon people post the song or sing it.

Txetxu, unnameable, trussy74 and 3 others like this.
  13. I've grown to love Circle in the Sand. All the Heaven singles are perfection, as are the Runaway Horses singles.

IEngineered, MilesAngel and OceanBlue like this.
  14. Yep, sorry but for me it just goes nowhere.

15. I can't even look at you right now...

IEngineered and MilesAngel like this.
  16. [​IMG]

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  17. I'm always surprised by the disfavour 'Circle in the Sand' is shown on here. It's a brilliant song. That Heaven is a Place on Earth/I Get Weak/Circle in the Sand run of singles was just perfect - each great but offering something slightly different from the others.

By contrast, Runaway Horses seems very over-rated to me. Of the singles, the title track is the only one that really clicked with me, and the only two big UK hits (Leave a Light On and We Want the Same Thing) lacked the charm of the Heaven on Earth singles. If anything, I preferred Live Your Life Be Free and its singles.

18. Circle In the Sand is one of my all time favourite go-to 80s summer songs, especially with a walk on the beach.

19. Circle in the Sand is gorgeous.

trussy74, bonnieetclyde and Vasilios like this.
  20. I agree.

Still think ''Love Never Dies'' should've been left as an album track & ''Nobody Owns Me'' released as the final single instead.

Rooneyboy, MilesAngel and Fizzywhig like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.