Best and worst of 2008 | The Popjustice Forum

Best and worst of 2008

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by mikejmc5580, Dec 8, 2008.

1. I think it's that time of year, is it not?

Best: The Dark Knight, Changeling, Wall-E, I've Loved You So Long, Juno, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead, (REC), Cloverfield, The Orphanage, Burn After Reading, Son Of Rambow.

Worst: Indiana Jones, Hancock, One Missed Call, Awake, Over Her Dead Body and the absolute worst of the lot.....The Happening.

Quite scarily, I've been to see almost 70 films this year. Is that bad?

2. Best: Quantum Of Solace
    Worst: Mamma Mia (Words cannot actually express how much this pile of shite disappointed me.)

3. Best:

No Country for Old Men, The Orphanage, Iron Man, Mamma Mia!, Tropic Thunder, The Dark Knight, 21, Juno

Worst:

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, Never Back Down, Pathology, Indiana Jones, Prom Night, Superhero Movie (I was dragged), The Happening, You Don't Mess with the Zohan and the worst of the worst: Wanted, I ***king HATED Wanted!

Lots of neither-here-nor-there films too.

Seen 44 at the movies so far in 2008, not a very good year, me thinks.

4. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

I loved Iron Man, Speed Racer, Hancock, Wall-E, Indiana Jones

Dark Knight was shockingly overhyped.
    Way too long and a distinct lack of hand buzzers.

Mamma Mia was fun but Pierce Brosnan's "singing" has scarred me for life.

5. Best film:
    The Dark Knight or There Will Be Blood.
    Notable mentions:
    Quantum of Solace, Juno, Cloverfield, Sweeney Todd, In Bruges, The Bank Job, Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Worst film:
    PS I Love You or Indiana Jones.

Still haven't seen WALL-E and while Mamma Mia wasn't the worst film of the year it wasn't the best either.

6. Wall-E shits all over everything else released this year from a vast height but I also really liked Rachel Getting Married.

7. My top 3 is The Dark Knight, Milk, and Wall-E, in some order that I haven't quite figured out yet.

Made of Honor is my vote for worst - but fortunately, I had a free pass. I did not have a free pass to Sex And The City, so I guess I'll go with that one as my least favorite instead.

Underrated gems - Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist, and Ne le dis à personne.

8. Good:

The Dark Knight, Cloverfield, Iron Man, Kung Fu Panda, Rambo, Tropic Thunder,

Bad:

Eagle Eye, The Happening, Indiana Jones, Jumper

Didn't see that many films this year.

9. Oh God I'd repressed 'Jumper' - sooooo rubbish.

'Body of Lies' wasn't much fun either...

10. Jumper. Fucking Jumper. Never have I been so angered at forking out £5.

11. Is it wrong that I quite liked Jumper?

12. I haven't watched Jumper but I nearly got it off Sky Box Office a while back. I will get round to watching it one day though, probably when its on normal Sky Movies (it has Rachel Bilson in it, anythings worth a go with The Bilson in it).

13. Four Christmases is the worst film i have ever seen.

14. I liked Indiana Jones and Eagle Eye...

15. Really, don't do it. You'll regret it. She's not even in it enough to warrant the purchase.

16. That, and you have to endure the 'acting' 'talents' of Hayden Christensen.

17. Dag

Dag

This is too hard.

The best: Wall-E, Let The Right One In, The Dark Knight, The Orphanage, Juno, Sweeney Todd, Tropic Thunder and No Country For Old Men.

The worst: The Happening (words fail me), Max Payne (it was a date, probably should have taken his choice of movie as a bad sign), Mamma Mia (I tried to like it, but it fails on almost every level imaginable).

Let-downs: Indiana Jones, Sex And The City, Quantum of Solace

18. If I hadn't read this thread, my life would have continued without anyone reminding me that I had seen 'Jumper'.

Worraloadacrap.

19. I remember thinking the trailer for it made it look quite good. Don't think I realised Jamie Bell was going to be in it, though, as I almost had a heart attack when I saw his gurning face.

Did you know that most of the American critics raved about his performance - as though it were the one good thing in a shit film?

I thought he was the shittest thing in a shit film.

(I must admit here that I did quite like The Happening. Didn't make a great deal of sense, but it freaked me out a bit.)

Worst film for me this year is Tropic Thunder. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be funny. I laughed during the fake trailers at the start, then was silent for about forty five minutes, then got up and left.

20. Mama Mia was not only the worst film of this year it was the worst film of any year in the entire history of cinema.

It was like this but with a smaller budget and a worse script..............

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aX_XaLmCIS0&feature=related

I've seen better lit DOGMA films. Appalling.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.