Best Coast - Always Tomorrow (5th Album) | The Popjustice Forum

Best Coast - Always Tomorrow (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Andy French, Nov 5, 2019.

1. No cover art or release date yet, but it’s out “early next year”, apparently. The lead single, For The First Time, is here, and it sounds like Neko Case singing a Rick Springfield song (i.e. amazing):

They’ve also announced a tour:

2. I actually had a listen to Boyfriend the other day (one of the best songs ever!) and was wondering when they'd make a comeback. Amazing news.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    thefaceofyou and Andy French like this.
  3. I love this. So glad to have them back.

Andy French and Jersey like this.
  4. I have such a fond memory about this band. I still remember being completely smitten about this boy back when I was in high school and would spend daydreaming about him listening to Our Deal ddd. I haven’t paid much attention since then but new song is stellar. Excited for the album!

5. They remind me if the end of high school and beginning of college.

6. I'm so glad they're back. They do that dreamy, nostalgic California sound like no one else. This song always takes me back to my college years:

Andy French, Jersey, Pinky25 and 2 others like this.
  7. I didn't really like Everything Has Changed because it sounds too generic (does anyone else hear Closing Time by Semisonic?) but I finally listened yesterday and the entire album is better than it. I guess that's the "biggest" song or clearest single on the album but now I learned that it wasn't even the lead single for this album? I look forward to learning the album more.

Andy French, Pinky25 and xOJakeXo like this.
  8. Wow, this album has been slept on majorly. I’d say it’s their best effort to date. The final quartet of tracks is great, and “Graceless Kids” is a tune. This and California Nights have made me so happy to see the progress they’ve made as a band.

Pinky25, xOJakeXo and Andy French like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.