Best place to pre-order CD albums? | The Popjustice Forum

Best place to pre-order CD albums?

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by poploz, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Was thinking about pre-ordering Sugababes' "Change" album, but dont want to be waiting for it to arrive. Can anyone suggest the best place to pre-order from, with release-day delivery or even early delivery, please?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Play are good with those.
    They post them on Friday/Saturday, so by Monday - Tuesday you have them in Greece - in the UK I guess it's even faster.

3. Thanks Vasilios! You are just like my saviour today!

4. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Hahaha, thanks!

5. Rob

Rob

I've found the HMV website excellent as well, even if you're outside the UK due to very quick delivery service.

6. Not to be an echo but yeah, HMV and play are the best. Everytime I order from them I either get them on the Saturday before release or the Monday!

7. Both Play and HMV used to get things out early. I remember "Confessions" for one arrived on the saturday when it was due out on the monday. Both seem to have stopped this more recently or so I thought but I did get a DVD two days early this week so maybe it depends on the post and I think there's strikes planned next week.

8. True. I think I'll just nip to the shops on Monday morning.

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

9. I received the Booty Luv album from HMV online on the Saturday before it's release, so they must still send out some albums early.

10. Play has always been the best for me, HMV not so good, just personal experience tho :)

11. HMV is generally quite good; I pre-ordered the Frank album from there and several GA singles. I've heard Play is quite good though. I think it's pretty much a case of trial and error really. :) x

12. vasilios

vasilios Guest

How can people use HMV when Play doesn't charge for delivery?

13. Because in England, HMV doesn't charge for delivery either?! Also, they do student discount. I've never shopped with Play but in my experience wtih HMV, my pre-orders have never arrived early or on the day of release!

14. Does anyone know how good amazon.co.uk is with releasing new CDs, as compared with Play/HMV? Specifically I am wanting to order the new Dannii re-releases and amazon doesn't have them listed at all yet, whereas the other two do.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.