Betty Who - 2nd Album & 'Human Touch' (Single) | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Betty Who - 2nd Album & 'Human Touch' (Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by CaliforniaKing, May 31, 2016.

1. I like Betty Who but am somehow still fueled by @Nunya B's absolute disdain.

Island, aaronhansome, Square and 6 others like this.
  2. Same. It keeps me young.

3. Edu

Edu

Her version is nice, it isn't that bad... I enjoyed but releasing it as a lead single is such a dumb move. She's a great songwriter, there's no reason to do this. Get your shit together, Jessica! Even though it's probably her label's fault.

4. Is this actually a lead single though? It feels like a "bridge" or buzz single at the least. If it's the lead...

5. I believe the press release said it was the 'lead single from the upcoming second album' but I'm going to pray that it's not true / that they change course. I think this is probably the biggest let down of the last 18 months for me- I adore everything she has ever put her name to-- until now.

6. Well, this is a buzzkill.

7. I've been waiting for a modern girl to do this. I wanted it to be Carly, but this is just DIVINE.

8. Okay, let's be real—it's very lovely, just sort of a non-event. ILYAF never needed an update. As @Euphoria and @Andy French mentioned, the original needs no refresh, and as perfectly suited to it as Betty is, she does nothing new here. Frankly, that's why I always liked her original material so much. It channels the gauzy, star-gazing richness of head-over-heels 80s pop at its purest...

I do adore it, and it is both a cover worthy of the musician she is and a wonderful calling card/lightning rod for the ideal sound of Betty Who as it is 'influence rendered by the influenced.' However, if the label thinks this is at all how to launch a project and get buzz going, they're wrong...

VERY MIXED HERE!!!!!!!

Euphoria and Andy French like this.
  9. Couldn't they just have chucked this on a (John Green movie) soundtrack and enjoyed minor 'Boom Clap' levels of success or something!?

Euphoria likes this.
  10. DEATH at the random dragging of Loyola Marymount.

Island likes this.
  11. Maybe I had just forgotten that this song existed but I'm honestly really liking this cover. Sure, releasing a cover as the lead to an album is pretty irritating but this is Betty Who, not J.Lo.

12. Scathing! I guess I should listen to this song now...

13. Ok...it's Phil Collins garage band AF, but not as bad as expected..... Jojo did it better though...

14. Finding this rather pointless. The original is flawless. This adds absolutely nothing. She's turning into quite a disappointment - the album was stale by the time it arrived.

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Everything about her version is so.....weak and lifeless.

16. Edu

Edu

Okay, it is not a single. Thank God.

Island and CaliforniaKing like this.
  17. Thank CHRIST.

18. It only took me a few days to remember this but I also meant to add in Diana Vickers' Music to Make Boys Cry. What a playlist.

Island and aaronhansome like this.
  19. It’s definitely lifeless, man alive.

20. 'I Love You Always Forever' is currently #5 on Australian iTunes, and is all over radio here. It's definitely grown on me. Hopefully she can use this as a platform to launch some amazing original material!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.