Betty Who - 2nd Album & 'Human Touch' (Single) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Betty Who - 2nd Album & 'Human Touch' (Single)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by CaliforniaKing, May 31, 2016.

1. What the hell?

Australia is so weird. You could give any random song a discount there and it'd go iTunes top 10.

KamikazeHeart, Island, Lander and 2 others like this.
  2. Oh, Bettricia, nooo....

3. Time for the opening slot on Pink's next Australian arena tour!

4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I was obsessed with the EPs, and the album had a couple of great tracks too, so it's odd to me how completely unbothered I am about the prospect of new music.

aaronhansome likes this.
  5. For me, it's because she's just not very versatile as either a singer or a pop star. Even as someone who still get suckered by any kind of 80's pastiche, I'm still forced to acknowledge her lack of presence vocally, and the fact her image is bland as all hell.

Island likes this.
  6. I hollered.

RUNAWAY and aaronhansome like this.
  7. Other artists have done the 80s pop thing far better and more memorably, perhaps if she moves on from it she’ll find a sound she can own.

8. She does not exactly have a great track record of using her inexplicable successes as platforms from which to launch amazing original material.

9. Luckily there was literally no party to be pooped on.

10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I have so much love for her, but the cover is horrible. I need new, original music please!

11. Apparently, the first official single from the 2nd album is "Human Touch", and it's out next week...

This is a live version. She changed up her sound! This sounds extremely modern, actually... like, a mix of tropical pop and hip hop? It could be potentially huge in the studio?

Slice of Life and Guy like this.
  12. I was about to read her on that outfit, but then I remembered it's Halloween

13. The more time goes on, the more I find myself reaching this same conclusion, unfortunately.

14. We are a bit odd yes. ABBA were bigger here than anywhere else in the world I read.......

15. Guy

Guy

Thank you for posting this!

I can't wait for new music. Mostly so she can tour again. I saw her at a music festival last year and her stage presence is unreal. She's so charismatic and funny and I was honestly so surprised at how much she positively soared in a live setting.

16. [​IMG]
    Suddenly the Halsey is her.

Lander, Jersey, Runawaywithme and 9 others like this.
  17. 2014

2014 Staff Member

She looks amazing! I'm ready to be wowed.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  18. I love it.

19. Hmmm'T.

I'm not expecting much. Her album bored me to tears. But let me perch a bit...maybe she's refined her sound in the last year or so.

20. Her debut albums is one of my top-down-roadtrip-faves, so I'm ready (but I hope she doesn't lose the thing that made her special).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.