Betty Who - Betty (3rd Album) | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Betty Who - Betty (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Enrique Garcia, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Who

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  2. The song is out. It’s a chill bop, and the lyrics are cute and relatable as usual but it totally sounds like something they made thinking about Spotify algorithms, etc. I don’t know, I didn't like Human Touch at first, and then it grew on me. We’ll see.

3. @Andy French choosing her two best songs Silas and Runaways yes ma'am.

Someone @ me if she ever stops making exceptionally faceless bops again.

Crisp X, TRAVVV, Bangers&Bops and 2 others like this.
  4. This is one of her better recent bops but it seems like she’ll never top her first album.

5. Every. Fucking. Song. Made for Spotify playlists. Sounds identical.

FUCK I hate streaming and what it has done to music.

Jwentz, Mypioneer, Ferk and 1 other person like this.
  6. When that acoustic guitar in Between You & Me started I knew exactly what I was in for. This is so generic and sounds like every other basic made-for-streaming faceless bop. Yuck. I loved her first couple of EPs and most of the debut album, but bar You Can Cry Tomorrow she's lost me ever since.

andru likes this.
  7. I probably won't listen to this again. It's pleasant, but nothing grabbed me on first listen.

8. It’s generic af but it grew on me a little, especially cause the lyrics are super relatable to me atm

9. Blayke and andru like this.
  10. The first single is a bit basic, but I like it. It's a low-key breezy bop.

11. The guitar chord progression sounds almost exactly like Justin Bieber's Love Yourself backing track.

12. Yeah this is painfully algorithm-driven.

13. Yeah...and she really doesn’t need this, I guess. I mean, what was the whole point of going indie then?

Andy French likes this.
  14. Just when I thought she was on the right track. The EP was a step in the right direction, this is almost offensively generic.

Andy French likes this.
  15. Was this song made based off of a study of what millennials like to stream?

16. ...I like it.

17. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

I won't skip it when it inevitably turns up on New Pop Revolution, but I don't think I'll be actively playing it myself.

18. This sounds like a Selena Gomez album track.

19. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Her two EPs were magical and Take Me When You Go was great. I don't know how/why she so quickly and deeply lost that magic that I got from her, but I feel like I'm always looking for a reason to give her a chance again and she just never gives me one.

Crisp X and Jwentz like this.
  20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Take Me When You Go is still so lush. She's just a bit lousy now.

Crisp X and Jwentz like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.