Betty Who - Betty (3rd Album) | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Betty Who - Betty (3rd Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Enrique Garcia, Nov 12, 2018.

1. You could totally convince me The One is some long lost Max Martin single from a pop flop in 2001.

The album's decent. She's not really breaking any new ground, really - Ignore Me is still the best song here, but she makes high quality, inoffensive bubblegum pop. Stop Thinking About You, Just Thought You Should Know, Ignore Me, I Remember, & Language are probably my favorites.

4Roses, Jackarywoo, Diet Pop! and 6 others like this.
  2. MB

MB

So much better than 'The Valley' and bops a plenty. Know exactly what you mean about 'The One' very album track from Britney's 'oops' or Nsync's No strings.

Blob and MB like this.
  4. This is so good. Marry Me is giving me Katy Perry-Teenage Dream era vibes. Do With It is also that bitch.

Blayke and GimmeWork like this.
  5. The One is Overprotected-lite but I'm still getting my god damn life to it!

Enrique Garcia likes this.
  6. Also I hate doing this, but the “Language” instrumental sounds an awful lot like this. I know Betty is friends with the GGFO guys, so I don’t know if it was a sample or something.

7. I'm about 6 tracks in and I'm floored. It's bop after bop after bop.

MB likes this.
  8. Do With It is kind of that bitch, huh? Glad to have Betty back. The Valley had too few peaks and TOO many valleys, but her first album was pop perfection so I always give her the benefit of the doubt. I’m thoroughly enjoying this listen through.

9. Whisper's also giving me Carly Rae vibes. The only thing I actually don't like here is Taste.

4Roses and Enrique Garcia like this.
  10. It has bops, sure, but it also sounds more thin and cheap than her previous efforts (even though she’s still working with the same producer). I don’t see myself returning to it a lot tbh (besides Whisper).

11. Marry Me is a cute piece of perfect bubble gum pop. The One is straight out of 2000-01 pop. It's clear she's not really chasing any trends because Ignore Me and Taste are perhaps the only songs that sound like they'd have a chance at getting any radio play, and I respect that. I love the album and it's adherence to her classic pop sound.

12. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I'll start off by saying that I think this album is definitely a step up from The Valley, and it houses a chockfull of solid and serviceable bops...

But then I also have to say that none of it excites me. Certain songs have a great vibe, but then I realize that I can pretty much get the same feeling from any of the songs on her EPs/debut.

I think I've essentially concluded that as much as I like(d) her, I feel like she's basically shown us all her cards on Take Me When You Go. I don't know if she's able to (or even wants to) explore new sounds or to take her tried-and-true sound to new heights, which is fine I guess because she knows what she excels at... but then I have to wonder if that means that I need to check out, because she's never going to excite me the way she did in 2013-2014.

Jonathan27, 4Roses, enricll and 3 others like this.
  13. She only exists to be a filler act for Pride and any D-list event that'll have her. Serviceable albums will keep her getting gigs.

I haven't listened yet but I'm sure, once again, that it's a fun 6.5/10 affair like her last 2 albums. Her days were always numbered so I'm just happy to be getting the bops.

Rhombus likes this.
  14. This album is SO good.

Blayke likes this.
  15. Ok so if this was mostly songs like “Just Thought You Should Know” and “The One,” it would be better. There’s a few too many that are generic, Spotify playlist bait. I like it more than the last one, and I was definitely reminded why I fell for her in the first place.

16. Guys, i was just wondering is it possible to know how much copies an album is selling on US itunes?
    I am just kinda curious how much "BETTY" is selling?
    Any type of info will be greatly appreciated.

17. Idk how much it’s selling, but it peaked at #14 on iTunes. It charted in Australia, UK, Canada, Denmark and a couple of other countries as well. Which I don’t think it’s bad at all for an independent artist

18. The last three songs are probably the best? Album is super enjoyable per usual. She always delivers.

19. Whisper reminds me of something off of Warrior.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.