Beyoncé - 4

Re: Beyoncé - 4 (Album Discussion)

Alphableat said:
walter said:
"Countdown" MUST be the next single. It just has to happen.

It won't. I do think it should be a single at some point, but End Of Time does the same job but a bit better!
No it is not, clean you ears out with wool Mr Bleat!

jinzo said:
Alphableat said:
walter said:
"Countdown" MUST be the next single. It just has to happen.

It won't. I do think it should be a single at some point, but End Of Time does the same job but a bit better!
No it is not, clean you ears out with wool Mr Bleat!

Yes it is, Mr Jinny Jin Jin. End Of Time might possibly be the best song Beyoncé has ever put out. It covers everything you could possibly want: horns, fast singing, belting, an incredible middle eight... As I said before, I think it's a song of a quality I'd expect MJ to be hitting if he were still around.

I do love Countdown too, though!

Alphableat said:
Yes it is, Mr Jinny Jin Jin. End Of Time might possibly be the best song Beyoncé has ever put out. It covers everything you could possibly want: horns, fast singing, belting, an incredible middle eight... As I said before, I think it's a song of a quality I'd expect MJ to be hitting if her were still around.

"Preach."

If "End Of Time" had been the first single, I think my jaw would have dropped so fast it would have made a hole in the floor. It makes far more of an announcement than "Run The World" ever did.

RJF said:
Alphableat said:
Yes it is, Mr Jinny Jin Jin. End Of Time might possibly be the best song Beyoncé has ever put out. It covers everything you could possibly want: horns, fast singing, belting, an incredible middle eight... As I said before, I think it's a song of a quality I'd expect MJ to be hitting if her were still around.

"Preach."

If "End Of Time" had been the first single, I think my jaw would have dropped so fast it would have made a hole in the floor. It makes far more of an announcement than "Run The World" ever did.

Oh, it would have been number one for a month. I can totally see why Run The World was picked, but this is something else. It's just a shame that it seems all the video budget for this era was splurged Pon de Girls. I hope they dig deep for End of Time. It deserves it.

I don't know- even after hearing the leak for the first ever time, I've never felt a connection to it, or understood why everyone seems to like it so much.

The horns are annoying. The lyrics are too repetitive, and not in a good way. It's overly ploddy and methodical. That "say you s-s-ay you" thing going on in the background is god damn irritating.

Countdown, on the other hand, is Mentalyoncé at her finest. The countdowns themselves are immediately memorable, and they're threaded around her wailing "OHHH, KILLING ME SOFTLY" in superb fashion. The lyrics themselves, winter time/dinner time/winner's mind/finish line are so much more directed towards being a single.

Essentially, I find nothing memorable nor mesmerising about the whole affair. Then again, I love Rather Die Young, so I'll continue to sip my haterade.

jinzo said:
I don't know- even after hearing the leak for the first ever time, I've never felt a connection to it, or understood why everyone seems to like it so much.

The horns are annoying. The lyrics are too repetitive, and not in a good way. It's overly ploddy and methodical. That "say you s-s-ay you" thing going on in the background is god damn irritating.

Essentially, I find nothing memorable nor mesmerising about the whole affair. Then again, I love Rather Die Young, so I'll continue to sip my haterade.

You are mad. And I don't mean it in the 'u mad' sense - you're actually insane!

Oh, and you do realise that Countdown has a lot of horn action too, right?

But the double-time rapping! And the "You don't have to worry, baby..." part! And the chorus that's so big it almost touches the clouds!

I have to say, jinzo. I think it's about time you just make a thread entitled Jinzo's Opinions, so we can all come in and occasionally gawk at your terrible taste like an animal in a cage.

RJF said:
But the double-time rapping! And the "You don't have to worry, baby..." part! And the chorus that's so big it almost touches the clouds!

I have to say, jinzo. I think it's about time you just make a thread entitled Jinzo's Opinions, so we can all come in and occasionally gawk at your terrible taste like an animal in a cage.

My proudest achievement in the last year has been learning the rap. I cannot contain my love for this song. I think it was partly because the first time I heard it was during the Glasto performance. She was loving it right from the start of the song, and when she unexpectedly shuffled from one side of the stage to the other to bust out the double-time section, I knew I was buying the album. Perfection.

Alphableat said:
You are mad. And I don't mean it in the 'u mad' sense - you're actually insane!

Oh, and you do realise that Countdown has a lot of horn action too, right?
One man's fool is another man's genius!

The horns are less annoying and centrepiece over on Countdown, they better integrate into the grand scheme of things without being overly-present. Perhaps it's a difference in production.

Whatevs, I've listened to Countdown 31 times, Run The World 25 and End Of Time....9.

RJF said:
Haha, I may make one soon due to popular demand!

RainOnFire

Staff member

Why does she keep running away from 'I Care'?! I must hear her sing that guitar solo live before I die.

I Was Here is gonna be the the next Halo, probably released early next year. That leaves End Of Time for this Winter then Countdown for early next Summer. Done.

Start Over is too good to be a sixth single. It doesn't deserve the #29 peak it would probably get.

After detesting Run The World (except when it comes on during a night out), I decided to give in and listen to her album. I may have still had a bad tatse in my mouth from it as I genuinely hated what I heard, and slated her album to anybody that said anything reagrding her new album. But weirdly, this past week I finally, for lack of a better word, "got" her album and am totally in love with it. I don't think I've ever done such a 180 about an album before.

RainOnFire said:
Why does she keep running away from 'I Care'?! I must hear her sing that guitar solo live before I die.
I live for her imitating the guitar in I Care. It's my favorite part of the song now, after initially being her vocals on the first verse.

And I don't like all this End Of Time shit-talking. "Boy, come to meeeee - COOOOMMMEE TO MEEEEE" and the rapping...oh jeez. It's amazing.

Agreed - it's hard to contain my excitment when that baseline goes through my headphones on the train in the mornings!! Also loving 1 + 1...

'Countdown' and 'End of Time' are clearly the most thrilling portion of 4, although the first three tracks constitute the most powerful for me.

Aww she just ordered 200 pizzas for the fans waiting outside to get into the studio! GaGa taught her well!

Just got back from the TV Special recording. Amazing. "I Care" live is out of this world. As is "Countdown". Agh. Im in love.