BEYONCÉ - act i RENAISSANCE + "MY HOUSE"

Status
Not open for further replies.
She/Her/Queen
I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS LEAKED!

I've reached Thique and I-

mixtape-cd.gif

Summer Renaissance is one of the best uses of a sample I've ever heard.

It feels so weird to compare this album to projects like self-titled and Lemonade (especially after just one listen) but I don't think it's a stretch to say that this is at least on par with them in terms of quality, if not better, and is easily the most replayable of the three/her entire discography. Every song feels essential but the immediate standouts for me were Cuff It, Virgo's Groove, Heated, Pure/Honey, and Summer Renaissance. I can't even imagine how much mileage I'm going to get out of this album, she really picked the perfect time to release this because it feels like it was made specifically to soundtrack late summer nights out that blur into the early morning. Nobody else can do it like her.

While I think I need more time to place it against Self-Titled, my personal favorite project of hers, I do think it's safe to say this is Beyoncé at her absolute peak vocally. Her approach to these songs feels like the work of someone who's both well studied and experienced: there's a kaleidoscope of feeling packed into every track, and that attention to detail paired with the luxurious production has me thinking we're going to be uncovering the more subtle touches for months and months to come.

Enjoying everyone's comments, couple of questions for people listening:

1. What's the strangest track on the album/most off the wall? It sounds like America Has A Problem is pretty genre-bending...

2. Where's she at lyrically? What kind of subjects is she addressing this time?

Cozy's hook is the main one lodged in my head. The production on the entire project is stunning. Definitely need to give it another spin though, some of the middle section bled together for me on first listen.

Enjoying everyone's comments, couple of questions for people listening:

1. What's the strangest track on the album/most off the wall? It sounds like America Has A Problem is pretty genre-bending...

2. Where's she at lyrically? What kind of subjects is she addressing this time?

1. I'd say the entire run between Thique -> Pure/Honey. They're just... wild.

2. Confidence, sex, love, money. She wasn't lying when she said this was an escapist album.

Status
Not open for further replies.